Anyone know why Zeepk and similar brands are still in business?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by CSBudzi, Oct 25, 2009.

1. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

Whats the deal with Zeepk? Who is buying theses razors and why? How are they making any money on these? I don't get why they still cluster all over ebay, making it more difficult to find better razors. Are they primarily for learning to hone? I figure anyone who wants to try straight shaving would do the minimalist of searches before they buy and figure out that those razors are worthless.
    I still haven't read a post from anyone that has ever tried a Zeepk themselves. Any Zeepk lovers out there? : ) If so may God have mercy on your face.
    Can we start a boycott of Zeepk so I never have to sift through them on Ebay ever again?

C.S. Budzi

2. MN_Nick

MN_Nick Member

Maybe people who want to own a straight razor but not use it for shaving or pay for a quality blade.

Much like all the phony swords and zippo style lighters that are out there. Not for those in the know.

3. Zach

Zach New Member

If you include -zeepk (minus sign then zeepk) in your search that term will be excluded from the search results, if it exists in the item description

4. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

I figure that if you are a blade collector, that you would want something that is a little more presentable.

I do -zeepk along with -motorola when searching for razors on ebay normally, when I remember too that is.

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

straight razor -zeepk -master -Kriger -Krigar -kreigar -frost -tomahawk -Sweeney -Sweeny -parker -Magic -Kriegar

I use this and do a saved search, so you don't have to type it in every time (Thanks Glen!).

6. DV8_JERM

DV8_JERM New Member

Someone gave me a zeepk it is the worst razor I have ever hone they are cheep very low quality steel and worthless. Avoid all zeepk items.

7. Leighton

Leighton New Member

They're still in business because it is cheaper than dirt and people in this day and age refuse to do research and simply buy the cheapest thing they can find. Walmart is still in business after all.....

8. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Some people assume the zeepk detractors are elitist, purist, hobbyists who will not accept that a cheap razor is just as functional as an expensive one.

This mindset coupled with the mindset of "look how cheap it is, it can't hurt to try. if it doesn't work, I only lost a few dollars and if it does work, it's a great deal!" mentality keeps the junk razormakers and middlemen in business

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

I've gotta admit, I find it hard to resist the cheap stuff. Especially when you get stuff like DA/Gold Dollar and Wapi coming out of nowhere and being worth more than the price...

10. My honest opinion... please avert your eyes...

The reason GILLETTE is still in business is because they basically "spam" product all over TV and they drown industry in cash-rendering garbage.

They used to make good stuff, but they make crap now.

Zeepk is in the same business that (today's) Gillette is... profit. And they use the same basic methods... spam product so it sells. Not everyone who feels scheistered by Gillette is purchasing Merkur or Dovo... they're buying the most reasonably expensable thing they can find... sometimes that happens to be (unfortunately) Zeepk...

It bugs the hell out of me, and if I could do anything about it I would shove king Zeepk's face into the toilet till he promised to not make a mockery of my most favored hobby and addiction... but that's not the world we live in. (Like the pirate with a steering wheel on his crotch) I can say with full confidence, 'It drives me nuts'. The gentlemen that I respect and genuinely care about whom I decide to share this hobby with get the best of my advice, which may not be the absolute best, but I know for certain that its better than what a talking cartrige is spewing out of the tube.

Anyway, Gillette annoys me. Sorry to hijack your thread with my disgust, but I'm sure if Zeepk could have that same influence over straight razors, they would. And they are making a pretty staunch effort. It wouldn't surprise me if Zeepk was a double agent of Gillette... god help us all...

11. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

If you want to get angrier at Gillette go to their website. I'm a youngin' and a city boy, and I'm used to bight lights and flashing signs, video games etc. But the gillette website just... won't... stop... moving. It's so flashy and has no info on anything important to their product. Hurray for marketing genius stealing budget from engineering.

12. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

It's all about the sparkle, yo. :cool::rolleyes: