I Have A New Problem

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MadCapsule, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

After my first DE shave yesterday, I don't have enough stubble for it to be worth shaving today. I've got about as much stubble as what I used to think was as close as it was ever going to get when I was using cartridges and disposables. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to shaving today!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hey, if there's ANY stubble that can be felt, it can be reason to shave!!!

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

What is fun is to track how many time you check it through out the day to see if there is enough to shave...

Fuzzy:D

4. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

You could always have a second, more 'gentle' razor like a blue-tipped super or a Tech... they would be perfect for those lighter shaves.

5. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I have had a few days like that too, Where I could really get away with not shaving, but I do anyway. Being relatively new at DE shaving, I figure the practice will do nothing more than better my technique. Besides, my shave time is my own little oasis set aside just for me. 15 minutes tops, but its all mine.

6. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

It's tempting, but I think I should probably give my face a few weeks to get adjusted to such a close shave before a start trying to remove a negligible amount of hair. On my cheeks, if I rub with the grain, I can't even feel any hair right now.

Does it get any more gentle than a Weishi?

7. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I have heard much talk of this terrible problem. Patience is required. It'll grow back, really!

8. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

+1 on that one :D

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy102:happy102 yup! been there :happy102:happy102 still do, on occasion :happy102:happy102

10. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

I hope it does. Because I actually like shaving now!

11. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Funny, even with a freakishly thick beard, I've often struggled with this exact same problem. Truth be told, I could undoubtedly go to every other day shaves and still be plenty presentable for public display. But alas, shaving just got to be an indispensible part of daily life so I gave up the notion of shaving every other day and now do so seven days a week, whether I really need to or not. Initially it may be a bit rough on your skin but the way around this is to do "all in shaves" (3 or 4 passes) Monday, Wednesday and Friday and "casual shaves" (2 passes, N-S and S-N) on the other days of the week.

12. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

MadCapsule

Like others here I shave every day,even though I could go to every other day. It's a part of my morning routine that I'd miss and I hate the scruffy look and feel I've got at the end of the second day.

goshawk

13. scott69

scott69 New Member

I get much closer and more comfortable shaves if I shave every other day. Maybe because the whiskers are longer and soften easier. Anyone else experience this?

14. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

I was leaning that way for a while, but now I'm finding that shaving every day and only doing two passes is working out better for me. However, that might change again, as I just received a new Feather Portable razor and it's a bit more aggressive than my Weishi, so I'm not sure how well my face will handle the extra blade exposure on an every day basis.

15. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

Nice to know I'm not the only one.:D

16. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

You might try using Rogaine as an aftershave?

17. saltypete

saltypete New Member

Yep. I am tempted to shave every day because it has become such an enjoyable ritual, but I find that my face needs two days to recover properly. I have really sensitive skin and shaving everyday is a sure way for me to get a nasty rash.

Pete

18. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

You should go for a one pass WTG.
    And no pressure of course.