Great, Cheap, Under rated?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Gnetics, Oct 30, 2009.

1. RnR

RnR Member

I ahhh, ummm... could, maybe, just possibly need to use this someday.

After all I worked in Disaster Recovery for nearly 20 years and know it's best to be prepared...!

2. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

The Real Shaving Company, Nivea/Florena, Kiss My Face, Palmolive Classic, and J.M. Fraser's are all good inexpensive creams that aren't discussed as often as others.

3. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Very true!

4. TravelingJ

TravelingJ New Member

Good call! I had a job in Trinidad earlier this year. 9 rough weeks for me. I was sunburnt nice and early, and had spent $45 on a bottle of that. Since the burns were on my face as well, I simply applied it on my face (and arms, and neck) after my post-work shower. I loved it!

5. sffone

sffone Member

I like the Colonel Conk's shaving soap. Relatively inexpensive, but lathers well and comes in a variety of nice scents.

6. RnR

RnR Member

< GULP > Are you serious... $45?!

I have to assume that's a typo... but no matter, it's a little hard to find the Sunburn relief stuff up here (Mich.) in November anyway. Guess I'll have to wait 'til spring. :cool:

7. TravelingJ

TravelingJ New Member

I'm quite serious. Had to buy it at the hotel, and with the exchange rate and all, it was insane.

8. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

Ok lets stay on topic before the thread hijack ninjas see this.. ::kar :happy102
    Im ordering Arko and Speick sticks, so hopefully ill be adding those to the list.

9. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

KMF, while not the most luxurious cream, is well worth more than the asking price. I like the lime and the patchouli also, because it's unique. They lather well and work well in superlathers also. If you can find these in a grocery store, you should give them a try.

10. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

Well I got a nice sized order coming :D Plenty of Arko Sticks, JM frasers Oriental Spice, a good amount of Godrej Menthol and Original, A couple tube of Wars, and a couple other things..X-mas is coming early for mee!!:happy102 DAMN THE AD!!

11. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

Van Der Hagen Deluxe. There is nothing better, though there are saops that are different.

The scent is a major part of the enjoyment of shaving, and some don't love the scent of VDH Deluxe, but I have come to really like the scent ov VDH because it is so closely associated in my mind with an EXCELLENT soap and shave!!

:happy093​

I am certain that the price point and snobbishness prevent a higher regard for VDH.

That said, I really enjoy the SCENTS of, and get excellent shaves with: TSD (sandalwood, Signature, and Bamboo & Teak), TOBS sandalwood, Omega, and Proraso.

12. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Godrej creams are amazing. They make thick creamy lather that allows for superb cushoining & conditioning.

13. shavejunkie

shavejunkie New Member

Williams and VDH

14. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

I'll add my vote for: TRSC and Tom's (dearly departed), which for me are in another league altogether. KMF and VDH are really good, too. Wars is pretty solid, though it doesn't seem to work as well--for me--as some of these others. (Individual variance, no doubt.)

15. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

Joanna (The Shave Den Store) carries Godjej. I picked up some Menthol Mist from her and find it to be an excellent cream. Wars cream is also a good cream that is inexpensive.

In terms of inexpensive soaps, I would recommend the Speick shave stick. It is a tallow based soap that delivers an excellent shave.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Godrej Menthol Mist is one of the nicest, coolest, and most soothing and protective creams for relatively cheap money you can find.

In terms of cheap and underated, here are some creams and soaps I absolutely love:

Soaps:

1) Erasmic
    2) Arko
    3) Palmolive
    4) Tabac
    5) Proraso Aloe & Green Tea

Creams:

1) Arko (any one of them)
    2) De Vergulde Hand
    3) Florena (if you can bring it in from Germany, which I do)
    4) Speick
    5) Godrej (Menthol Mist, or Deluxe)
    6) Lavendor (from Israel, and terrific, and not expensive)

There are many others, but that is all I can think of for now. :)

17. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

A few days ago I ordered Plenty of Godrej Menthol mist, and deluxe, a box of Arko to share a bit with the forums. Some Tobs and Jm frasiers as well, so I have good stuff coming. Next order will probably be Speick, Erasmic, and if I can get my hands on Lavandor some of that as well.

I will probably be going BBB and getting some tubes of C.O.Bigelow as well seeing as they are on sale..and its re-branded proraso

18. ccoppola

ccoppola New Member

+xxx On Arko and Speick !!! For the $$ I have yet to find anything that performs as well. I am not familiar with Godrej..I think I will look in to it!!

CC

19. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

I received my godrej yesterday, Ill be trying it today and will post a review, or at least my initial thoughts later today..initial response to the scent is nice and clean, menthol has something I cant quite figure out but its nice and cheap nonetheless. Hope it delivers!! :D

20. punisher

punisher New Member

Real Shaving Co
    VDH
    Pirates Cove
    Omega