Dropped my Mug and razor in the shower

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by white_feather, Nov 5, 2009.

1. white_feather

white_feather Active Member

Holy Moly. I shattered the mug, cutting a huge chunk out of my Achilles tendon. My razor cut my big toe, the next toe lost the nail(cut off). top of other foot cut amd a small cut on toe number two as well as the webbing between. Stings real bad today. This happened yesterday at 4pm. PAIN!

2. Mojavered

Mojavered New Member

Ouch!!!! I wonder if you will continue to shave in the shower??? Hope you get better!

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Hope you heal fast and without much pain! If you want to keep shaving in the shower, maybe you should look into buying a Marvy Rubber Shave Mug, I see them pop up on eBay from time to time too.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Fear of such an incident keeps me from shaving in the shower. Hope you heal quickly and completely.

"Wounds Heal. Chicks dig scars."

5. Compa

Compa Member

:( I hope you heal quick man. Sounds like some serious damage .__.

6. olafurson

olafurson Member

D'ohh!!!

Ouch, sorry dude.

Dridecker's suggestion about the rubber mug sounds like a good one. Gonna get me one of those now...

7. MN_Nick

MN_Nick Member

Yikes! Dangerous business shaving in the shower. Glad to hear the only damage was to the feet and nothing more vital. :eek:

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal quickly!

9. bandit82ta

bandit82ta New Member

Hope you heal fast.....and maybe try rubber shoes for showering while shaving... ;)

10. machine

machine New Member

Is the razor ok??!!!!

Just playing, hope you feel better soon! :D:D

11. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

That sucks! I hope you heal quick.

I broke one of my mugs the other day as well. I might have to pick up one of those rubber ones myself.

12. azshaver

azshaver Member

Were you using a straight?

I shave my head in the shower, using VDH brush an puck of Williams.

I shave my face at the sink using whatever cream or soap I feel like, currently Tabac or MWF. I use TOBS empty tubs for containers, they don't break.

Anyway, any stitches? Get well.:eek:

13. MaxP

MaxP Member

Ouch, ouch, dang, crap, $4!?

I KNEW I shave at the sink for some reason.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

14. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Hope you heal up quick.Personally I use shave sticks in the shower.Much safer.;)

15. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

WOW................. Sorry to hear that!!

Hope you heal quickly :happy088

16. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up soon. I think the rubber mug may be a good idea for you. I purchased one last year to use when I go camping. They are great.

Alan

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

WOW hope it stops hurting fast.. what kinda of razor was it.. to be nosey. Take care of the cuts also infections suck.

Fuzzy

18. white_feather

white_feather Active Member

It was my Merkur 1904. My wounds are healing good so far but they still hurt. Thank god it had a Merkur blade in it instead of a Feathers otherwise I would be missing a toe or perhaps a foot.

19. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

Doubtful - Feathers aren't that much sharper. So shaving in the shower - a danger to your (shaving) tackle, life & limb. Sink shaver now?

20. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

Dang man, I thought this was a joke the first time a read it. Im sorry to hear about your injuries.