TSD soap(s) really are that good

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mojavered, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No problem, Bryan. I hope we can figure out how to get the soap working for you.

I can't take much credit for the fragrances. I don't make most of them. ;)

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. I melted my samples down. Also a little less water. Great soaps!

3. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Reporting back--complete and total success

So, I melted my sample down, and loaded it up with a slightly wetter brush than usual...

The results? Let me just gush for a moment like a tween school girl: the lather was freakin' awesome. Rich, dense, incredibly moisture-laden meringue. And my face? Feels wonderful--great shave, great feel and look going on 12 hours later.

I totally understand the love for TSD soaps now. I'm committed to winnowing my stock a bit, but I'll be placing an order with you JoAnna, in the not-too-distant future! Thanks for your patience & help! :D

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm just glad we were able to get the samples you have to work for you! :happy096

5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I had problems generating lather with this soap when first starting to use it, too. My problem was probably related to my hard water and I wasn't properly loading my brush to start.

I figured it out by experimenting with distilled water and hand lathering (the best way IMO to figure out a new soap). I was use to spending about 10-15 seconds picking up soap with Tabac or Proraso. It takes a little longer with TSD in my experience.

I now produce a terrific lather using hot tap water. It takes a little more work, but it's worth the effort. This soap has excellent lubricating properties.