My Slant Broke :(

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Baron, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Baron

Baron New Member

Was putting a new blade in this morning when all of a sudden the top piece just popped off!

I've never seen this happen, and it's only about 18 months old... now I have to get another :( Has anyone had this happen to their razor before?

[​IMG]

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Never seen it before... I would contact Merkur before buying a new one.. Ive heard theyre good with their customers..

3. Baron

Baron New Member

I sent them an email... we'll see if I get any response. In the mean time I have to go get a Mach 3 :(

Serves me right for having only one razor :)

4. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

I think our best bet is just to look around for vintage Slants. The new ones suck.

5. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I've seen this problem posted in other forums before. Seems like there was a few in a row a year or two ago. Merkur should replace it without question.

6. Baron

Baron New Member

Didn't think I'd get a reply from them so quickly...

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for your email. I am sorry to learn that you have encountered a problem with your MERKUR razor.

I will send out a new gold top today by air mail to replace the broken one.

Best regards,
    Anne Rothstein

7. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Wow, That's impressive! Kind of like Zippo's. I will keep this in mind when I shop for my next razor.

8. MN_Nick

MN_Nick Member

It's nice to know that there are a few companies, albeit a growing minority, that stand by their products.

9. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Good to hear that your razor is on the road to recovery :cool:

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very cool of them. I have no interest in picking up a new one like that. But good to see that they back their product so well.
    Fuzzy

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

wow, first off...that sucks, dude!

and secondly...that rocks dude!

12. Baron

Baron New Member

Had to use the mach 3 this morning... ugh, felt like I was ripping the hair out of my face. Especially since I didn't shave yesterday due to no razor.

13. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

You only have 1 DE razor :eek:
    You my friend need a rotation.

14. Baron

Baron New Member

I had a rotation... I sold them to buy more soaps because I was only using the one slant all the time :)

that plan kind of came back to bite me obviously... maybe I'll have to resell one of the soaps to get another razor..

Penhaligon's English Fern (tallow formula) anyone? ;)

15. riffin

riffin Active Member

I have that exact problem with rare Personna Precision DE adjustable. The center post is cracking at the cap and is loose. I stopped using it before it actually broke off. I wish I could get it fixed.

16. Mojavered

Mojavered New Member

That is a pretty good feeling that Merkur is taking care of its customers like this! I feel good to know that I have their support.

17. rainman

rainman New Member

Please let us know when you get the new head piece.

18. Baron

Baron New Member

Forgot to post that :)

It arrived Thursday, pretty good turn around I think for shipping from Europe.

Everything is back to normal! Although now I need to figure out what to get as a backup.

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

In a word,..........Gem

Fuzzy

20. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

You said yourself you only used the slant - maybe buy a chrome one... then you have a spare razor and you're rewarding Merkur's excellent treatment of your problem with an additional sale.