Like Holding a Lightning Bolt

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by JimR, Nov 21, 2009.

1. JimR

JimR Active Member

A small little dream has come true for me...
    I explain more on my blog, but suffice it to say I think this is probably one of the best razors ever made...and one of the rarest.

Attached Files:

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Amazing. Thanks for sharing the back story. Pretty awesome story.

3. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Cool story. It is always great to have the history of our prized shaving tools. Thanks for sharing.

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

that's a fantastic story and history, the kind that makes mundane things incredible, and already incredible things the stuff of legend!

Congrats!

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

That was a great read, I hope you have many fine shaves with that rare prize. Congratulations!

6. Congratulations, Jim!
    That razor right there pretty much tells the whole story of why its worth it to learn to use a straight.

Great story. Glad it found its way into your hands.

7. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Jim,

What a wonderful story and such a marvel to find its way into your life. Happy shaves! This is a true heirloom.

8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

What a beautiful story, well told. The fact you told the story so well and it clearly means so much to you means that rare blend of craft and art found its proper home. Congratulations.

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks very much for all the kind words, folks. It might be silly to some, but it's really something to me...

Thanks again.

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh my god, this is just.... GREAT! I'm after one of these myself but I know I'll never have a chance ;)

11. MN_Nick

MN_Nick Member

I'm glad I took the time to read the story. That's a cool story and a nice looking razor.

12. I just read the blog. I love the history and that is a great piece of work ! Congratulations !

13. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing, Jim! That is a beautiful razor! And I like visiting your blog from time to time, I think it is quite informative. It's always good to learn something new and interesting. Well done and thank you again.

14. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Fortune favors the brave. Thats a lovely straight Jim. Glad you have it to use. Your one lucky lucky gentleman.

15. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

VERY COOL! I know you'll get some truly great shaves with this one.

16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Wow! Awesome story behind that whisker whacker. Almost feels weird calling it that. To hold something that has been made in the absolute tradition of which Samurai's swords were made has got to be awesome. I'm so glad it ended up with someone who can appreciate it for what it is.

17. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Heartiest congratulations!