I am the luckiest SOB ever...

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JimR, Dec 10, 2009.

1. JimR

JimR Active Member

So I work in this Japanese company that is kind of owned by a German company, and a few of my colleagues are thus German. One of these guys just happens to be going back home for the holidays, so I asked him if he would mind picking me up some shaving soap. His reply? "What, like Irisch Moos?" I was FLOORED. He uses it himself! He said "I prefer Irisch Moos to Tabac, but they're both pretty good. I'll be happy to get you some. Anything else? Wilkinson? Palmolive?"

I didn't even have to REQUEST the good stuff! So he's bringing me as much IM and Tabac or Palmolive sticks as he can find, and as can be bought for 40 euro...

Su-WEEEET! :happy023

2. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Yep, yer one lucky sumbeach, but I like ya anyway ;) Enjoy the IM! I list it among my favs.

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

WHOA! Talk about company perks and connections!

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Kewl Beans! Talk about a holidays bonus!

5. herzi

herzi Active Member

Lucky Jim. The Germans are really nice :D

6. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

WOW, Jim :happy096

That sounds great :happy088

7. JimR

JimR Active Member

Yep, it' sawesome. I'm dancing. He's also bringing Niederegger marzipan "schwarzbrot"...man oh man, I can't wait to get back!

Er ist Bayerisch...gar kein Deutscher. :D Und naturlich ist er nett, er rasiert sich nass!

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

NOCH BESSER. Tell him to visit me at home :D

9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Way cool for you. How do you find friends like that?

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

:happy088

That is awesome.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wir Nassrasierer mussen zusammen bleiben-sind wir bemerkenswert, und einzigartig! ;)

12. lanolite

lanolite Member

Jim, you will love it.

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

40€? That's gonna buy you a whole suitcase of shaving goodness :D

14. herzi

herzi Active Member

Goodness and godness :D

15. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Ausgezeichnet! :)

16. noxlord

noxlord New Member

I love it when my relatives and frends go to Europe (i'm in Canada) and get me some exclusive products. Howevcer, I alwais seem to discover new thingsd I want AFTER they are back. Will not miss another occasion.

17. Allen-Edmonds

Allen-Edmonds Member

You should have him pick up some Tabac after shave balm. It is hard to come by online.

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Welcome! :)

19. mpearce

mpearce New Member

Sweeet! I love it when friends visit or ask me that. That is one of the good things about being here in Japan when ever someone leaves or comes they ask if there is anything you want. I think it is because we all know how hard it is not having anything we might need.

20. Life in Sente

Life in Sente New Member

Lucky are the few. I'm stuck paying out the shaving bowl for stuff I wanna get, cause its all online. Living in this Podunk little town out in the middle of "you wouldn't want to be here anyway" I don't even have access to any of the good stuff locally. No, I can get Williams and VDH local. It'll do for now. But I'm gonna end up getting enough stuff online that I'll have to store it like a big game hunter in a freezer under lock and key.