Had my first ever DE shave today

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by sean102385, Jan 9, 2010.

1. sean102385

sean102385 Member

So i got my SS in the mail yesterday and i cleaned it up and put in a supermarket blade. Lathered up my VDH Glycerin soap and started at it very carefully. If you saw my introduction thread you saw that i have patches of hair on my neck that grow in little swirls so i always suffered bad razor burn there. I am happy to report that this morning there is very little irritation, there is some but that is due to me trying to figure out which way is WTG, XTG, and ATG. So i probably made 1 too many passes on that side of my neck but it was all in the name of learning.

So while i am not BBS smooth i am well on my way. It is smoother than any shave before, and i only suffered two little Weepers. one next to my adams apple and one i always get because of a mole that is on my neck. But Overall I am Hooked.

Thank you all.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:signs107 Things will only get better from here on out as you perfect your technique.

3. Catman51

Catman51 New Member

Working great for me too. I am so amazed at the difference, I could almost go every other day with how close it shaves compared to the over-hyped 5 blade razor!!

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

lol, you could but you won't :D

5. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

The first is always the hardest. It is over now. Congrats.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Congrats! Here's to many more :bounce015

7. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

That's great! Enjoyment from day one...

Happy Shaves!

8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Fun isn't it?
    Gratz,

9. saltypete

saltypete New Member

The first one is always the hardest and if you think you are hooked now, give it a few months;)

Pete

10. bperryman1

bperryman1 Member

Just stick with it even when you think it takes to long, it will be rewarding.

11. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Congrats on a successful first shave. Initially the learning curve is kinda steep but once you master your technique and figure out the grain of your beard, you're indeed off and running. One thing's for sure, it only gets better with time. Despite a recent run in with a can of Barbasol, I'll never go back to plastic crap and canned goo. This is how shaving is suppose to be done. Glad you enjoyed it.

True, most of us (myself included) could probably get away with shaving every other day but I don't know why anyone would pass on the opportunity to shave. :D

12. Y2K

Y2K New Member

So true! Just three weeks ago before I tried DE shaving, I would mostly shave every other day. I just did not enjoy it and was trying to avoid doing it every day. Now, every single day... I think I would do twice if my skn would allow it :) Hope the enjoymnet doesn't wear off after a while.

13. Catman51

Catman51 New Member

Yep, you got that right!! I'm hooked...:D

14. sean102385

sean102385 Member

this place is great so friendly

15. bperryman1

bperryman1 Member

No its not they suck you in then your credit card bill comes and you look at this page ten times a day. You spend hours searching pages for a new brush, blades, razors, soaps, aftershaves and things called witch hazel. your friends dont wanna talk to you anymore cause you try and make them switch there shaving methods. RUN RUN AWAY WHILE YOU CAN. LOL na there great