The Body Shop 100% Synthetic brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by battle.munky, Jan 16, 2010.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Anybody have or use one of these? I just picked one up yesterday and have yet to shave with it. I did lather up some VDH deluxe and some Real Shaing Co. cream and it performed great on each. I haven't seen a review on it so I may do one after I use it properly.

It is full of the environmentally sustainable, no animals harmed goodness. It lathered ok and didn't seem to have a problem applying lather to my hand.

Attached Files:

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Several people have tried these, though I'm not one of them. The feedback I've heard is that it performs acceptable, but not as well as good boar or badger brushes.

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Well I just got done using it and I would agree with what you have heard Erik. For 11 bucks I don't think you can complain, but I've only used it once at this point too. I do prefer my boar brush to it right now, but it is losing hairs quickly so I may not have a choice. I need to get off my wallet and get a badger is what I need to do.

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I was looking around TGN for a knot today, and thought I would have a look around their sister site at some of their brushes. Looking at this page had me thinking that these are pretty good prices for some slick looking badger brushes.

5. maierar

maierar New Member

6. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

I keep one stashed in my gym bag , and fully agree with the above.

It lathers up great but the bristles do not hold or retain water at all and that makes quite bit of difference.

7. kjparker

kjparker Member

I have one of these, and it shed a few strands the first few times I used it, however after that it's been great.

The only complaint I have with it is that the laquer has flaked off the bottom of the brush. Other than that, it's fine.

8. Vito36

Vito36 New Member

Never tried this brand , but I have noticed a trend on the forums where posts of Synthetics are coming up more and more, people do love them!

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Don't count me in, seriously...

I will stick to my boars and badgers.

10. blacdisco2000

blacdisco2000 Member

I never try with Synthetic but many members prefer

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I used to have one. It was OK, but not stellar. It has now found a new home. It worked better with soft soaps and creams than it did with harder soaps. However, being synthetic, it dried fast so it made a good traveling brush.

12. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

I bought one several years ago with a plastic and rubber handle. I like it much more than the current wooden ones. It's a good brush for the money, and dries quickly. However, it has lost bristles every time I have shaved with it.

13. soopercat

soopercat New Member

I have one, bought it when I went to buy some lip protector (chapstik like stuff) but excellent. saw the brush and said, what the heck, for $10 I'll give it a try. Well it's awful for daily use, perfect for hotel and travel, since it dries very fast. One pass dry brush, let sit for 1 hour, stow and go.

kind regards,