TSD SOTQ Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by sean102385, Jan 20, 2010.

1. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

a great shave and wow do i love that scent.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Is it April yet? :signs083

Can't wait! Already looking forward to the new offering!

For those who may be wondering... you gotta join the fun!

3. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Can't wait

I am a late comer to The Club. I just ordered my subscription and even though I already know what the scent is - I have no idea how it smells and the way everybody is talking it up - I know I am in for a treat!!

The waiting is gonna kill me though!

I am so excited

:bounce015:

4. Billr

YEAH my SOTQ is on its way!!!! now I am watching my ship tracking app like crazy!!!

5. thestone725

thestone725 Member

You won't be disappointed, thats for sure. :happy088

6. Billr

Hurray Hurray Hurray - My soap came today!!!!

Just in time too, the wife and I are headed out for a 3 day escape in a B&B in Leavenworth Washington. I plan on having a great shave tomorrow morning. My wife told me I am getting worse than a girl with all the things I have to pack just for shaving. Then I let her smell my SOTQ and she was like - pack away take all you want! I can't wait for tomorrow's shave! :D

7. swarden43

Enjoy your shave and any and all benefits it may bring your way ;)!

Have a wonderful time on your trip.

8. Billr

Thanks! and from the look in my wife's eye after she smelled the soap, I think there will be benefits-o-plenty!

9. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Great soap - found the perfect AS match

First, thanks to the prodding in the initial SOTQ thread, I finally got around to introducing myself over in the Newb section - looking forward to chatting with you all.

As you all know, Joanna makes a good soap, and the SOTQ has a killer scent. It's actually my third TSD soap - good stuff.

So I've used the first SOTQ a number of times now, and finally hit upon the perfect matching aftershave: Aubrey Organics Spice Island. It's sort of a bay rum with a bit of patchouli and vetiver thrown in to dirty it up a bit - and the scent goes -extremely- well with the fantastic scent of this soap. (Actually I have all three flavors of the Aubrey Organics aftershave splashes, and they're all great. No alcohol burn to speak of, and good non-synthetic scents). Unlike the other two Aubrey aftershaves, the longevity of this one is excellent, undoubtedly improved by using the matching soap first.

I'd throw some links in here, but I have to post 3 more times before it'll allow me :signs110 -- the stuff's easily Googled though. If you're like me and obsess a bit over matching the soap with aftershave, and you're enjoying the current SOTQ, you oughta' seek out this splash.

Tony

10. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I finally put my order in for the SOTQ Club..

I almost ordered it last month but wife told me no more shaving purchases for awhile. I finally got approval from her last night to order this.

11. TonyO

TonyO New Member

I sneak.

12. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I try only if I have money in my paypal from selling something. Other than that if it comes out of the main bank account my wife knows about it within 24 hours.

13. TonyO

TonyO New Member

I just happened to think (occurs so rarely): Perhaps pairing some other AS with the SOTQ might be a bit offensive to the Queen; Joanna (and others familiar with the range of scents available), if you were going to pair the current one up with one of your aftershaves, which one would you pick?

And, you know, just so we can be prepared for April, which might you pick to accompany the upcoming soap?

14. Billr

I am LOVING this soap. The sent is fantastic and it makes me want to shave slower. It has an incredible feel to it and my face feels great all day. I can't wait for April!

15. swarden43

It's that way with all of JoAnna's soaps. She puts out a great product.

Only 31 more days!!

16. Billr

Just wondering - is it safe to melt the SOTQ in the microwave? I love the container it is in but I got a new bowl today and I am thinking about putting this soap in it. I have done this with a couple other soaps and it worked out great. I just want to make sure there is nothing in
    the SOTQ that will get messes up if I melt it.

Thanks

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Melt away, it will be fine. Just be sure to use short 8 - 10 second bursts.

18. swarden43

Yup. And I always keep a finger on the STOP button, ready to hit it at the first sign of bubbling.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No, no, no. The amount of soap will change the amount of time. For such a small quantity start with shorter, 5 - 7 second bursts.

Also, not sure about the soaps dish. I would pop the soap out of the container and microwave it in something else.

20. Billr

Good news - thanks and good idea to pop it out of the dish.