TSD SOTQ Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by sean102385, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Glad to hear you all are enjoying the latest edition.

Crackling Firewood is still my favorite.

I have something special planned. An exclusive for SOTQ members. ;)

Hoping to have it ready in the next couple days. Fingers crossed.

2. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

It's another Homerun for JoAnna! WOW this is great soap. My wife like the sent so much I had to go back in the bathroom and comb my hair again.

Love the scent and the name is perfect!

Well I am off to the antique store. I never knew it was there - I just saw it for the first time on my way home last night. Maybe I will find a goodie or two!

3. Queen of Blades

:laugh042

4. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Great scent, great lather. Like Crackling Firewood my face still soft 10 hours after shaving!
    Long Live the Queen!!

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011

:whacky084

6. thestone725

thestone725 Member

Mine just arrived a little while a go.I'll be camping all weekend so I won't get to try out the new soap until Sunday or Monday. But I can tell you right now that I love the scent and can't wait to give it a go.

7. red71veloce

red71veloce Member

Came in today!!! Man it smells good! Can't wait to use it tomorrow morning.

Tracy

8. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Mine still hasnt arrived :sad024

Tracking says processed in sort facility and has left facility for delivery but did not show up today....

9. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

This morning, I had probably the best shave I've had in a month or so with this great-smelling soap. Love it, love it, love it!!! :love008

Is there something special in here? My skin's almost ridiculously soft today.

Thanks, JoAnna - You are awesome! :signs001:happy096:1respect

10. red71veloce

red71veloce Member

Ok......I will admit I have become something of a tallow soap guy. The last non-tallow soap I used was the "Crackling Firewood" and I did like it. This new SOTQ release......fantastic! I absolutely love, love, love the scent.....just right up my alley. And having just finished my first shave with it.....WOW!! Very smooth irritation free shave....skin feels great....followed it with "TSD Double Iced Pink Grapefruit Splash" aahhhh......near perfect!

JoAnna, if this were a regularly available scent I'm pretty sure a full sized container would be in regular rotation!

Thanks,

Tracy

11. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Finally got to shave with this today.

My toughts...

1. When I first pulled it out of the package and saw the name I was like this is not what I was thinking it would be. I had an idea in my head (spring time themed scents aka flowery) but first wiff I took I fell in love with the scent. Wife loved it as well. This is the first soap or cream I have bought in a long time that she likes the smell.

2. Lather was a little difficult to get the right consistency for me. My water to soap ratio was off, way off... Then I added too much water and got that real thin soap layer.

3. Seemed to have a different feeling slickness than what I am used to with Joanna's soaps. Could it be a new ingredient?

4. Shave was very comfortable with what decent lather I could make. Face felt great after the shave.

5. Once I figure out the water/soap ratio this one is a winner. This goes to my number one spot on my scent chart. Once Joanna puts together a SOTQ refill puck up for sale to us then I will be ordering a few pucks for myself and to give out to friends and family.

12. Queen of Blades

Well......things aren't going as planned. Gonna be a bit of a wait for the special thing I have planned.

If you are a member of SOTQ and would like to order further TSD products in the scents, send me a pm.

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

PM Sent!!!

14. Razor&Pens

Razor&Pens New Member

Well, anyone still waiting or can the scent be revealed?

15. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I assume all orders went out and have arrived. I would also assume the scent needs to stay in spoiler tags just in case someone new wants to order the SOTQ this quarter but doesnt want to know the scent..

But knowing the name of this scent is not going to give away what it smells like.

16. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Spoiler Ahead!

If you want to know the name of the new scent, click the button below.

Click button for new scent name (open)
    Barber Shoppe

17. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Early next week I will have a box in hand from Joanna with some second quarter scented products.. Will post pics when it arrives!

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Used A2 this morning. Wonderful! Simply wonderful!!

19. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Thanks, Steve. I've been thinking about what to shave with next, and this is it. :D

20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Almost July. :happy093

Wanted to give this a bump to flag it for the new guys out there.

Check it out!

Scents selected and created by JoAnna are unique to TSD Soap of the Quarter (SOTQ) members. Sign up today!