West Coast Shaving anygood?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Rookie, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Rookie

Rookie New Member

Has anybody dealt with West Coast Shaving? I tried reaching them by phone and all I get is an answering machine asking me to leave a message. I am a little reluctant to order from their website because of this.

2. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Never tried to phone them, but I've made two web orders through them. Both orders were fine; they shipped quickly. They did leave some blades out of one order, but quickly sent them when I pointed out the mistake. They seem to have a good reputation with other people around here.

3. Rookie

Rookie New Member

Thanks, I guess I'll order my Merk tonight then. Check out my post on the cost of a shave in the newbie section.

4. Vito36

Vito36 New Member

I know the owner of WCS is a member over at badger & blade and the members there can't speak highly enough of him and his service.

5. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

He's a member here too: LetterK

I've ordered from him before, and will do so again. John is a nice guy who runs his business on the side with help from his wife. I've only dealt with him via email and on the boards, but he's a class act all the way, as are most of the vendors who also frequent the shaving boards! :cool:

6. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

I have ordered a few things from WCS. The service has always been first class.

eric.

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Another satisfied customer. I've only ordered from him once, but it was a good sized order - he has free shipping on orders over $80 and I needed blades and soap. He's been around several years and I've only heard good things. Bad vendors tend to get called out rather quickly among this community, so I rather trust long-term reputations. Surprisingly, I'm the only one who has left a vendor review (what's the deal guys!).

8. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I've ordered several times from WCS and so have my sons. John, the owner, is very easy to deal with and the service is excellent. He pioneered blade sample packs. I find he has the best prices around for most of the items he carries.

If you leave a number on his answering machine, he will return your call.

WCS is A+ IMO.

9. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

they are awsome vendors

you can feel confident ordering from them I have left message on the answering machine and they called me back within a few hours, I have also ordered 3 times from them and my orders have all shipped very fast(they are only 15 miles from me).

10. Empty Words

Empty Words New Member

I've ordered from WCS several times as they have very good shipping prices. Highly recommended.

11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Concur with the above. I have ordered from him and received excellent service. Top notch company IMHO.

12. Rookie

Rookie New Member

Thanks Vito. I did put my order in for a new Merk.

Thanks Otherstar I put my order in.

Thanks Glassmtn, I've put my order in.

Thanks ChemErik and to all the others who recommended WCS. I put my order in for a new Merk.

13. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

+1 John is a great guy, has very competitive prices and always makes things right.

14. roberto811

roberto811 New Member

I have purchased blades from them and they got to me quickly and they charged the right price.

15. bigstick

bigstick Member

if you are east of the Mississippi try Fendrihan.com

16. Stubbles

Stubbles New Member

I've used WestCoastShaving.com twice & the goods were delivered to New Zealand hassle-free in 7-8 days each time.

Simply great service.