Shaving Cream "Key"

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by stagger, Jan 26, 2010.

1. stagger

stagger New Member

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone make shaving cream tubes that have a "key" which goes on the bottom of the tube which you roll up as you use up the cream? I remember certain "tubed" products as a kid which had a "key".

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm fairly certain L'occitane still has a key. Most companies have gone from the steel or aluminium tubes to plastic which has no need of a key.

3. herzi

herzi Active Member

Hasn't Crabtree & Evelyn a key?

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yes

5. Razor&Pens

Razor&Pens New Member

I find that plastic still needs something.

This is what I use, which I got at Bed Bath & Beyond: Squeezit

6. freebird

freebird Active Member

those squeezits look like they'd work well. I've often wished my mustache wax tubes had a key.

7. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

I wonder how one of these would work with a tube of shaving cream. Perhaps you could just stick a popsicle stick into it rather than a toothbrush.

8. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

My wife had gotten me a couple of those squeezeits from wally world. they do great on the plastic tubes but I used it on my C.O. Bigelow tube and it started to cut it open. I do remember back when I was a kid that my mother had gotten a plastic key/squeezer for the toothpaste and it seemed to work a bit more gentle but I haven't seen anything like that in a long time.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Stefan, the Muehle tube creams also have keys. :)

10. sas71

sas71 Member