Alraz the Atom Bomb

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by SiR-ed8, Jan 30, 2010.

1. SiR-ed8

SiR-ed8 New Member

For those unfamiliar with the Atom Bomb, this is where it all started:
    Atom Bomb Homemade

Return of the Bomb

Testimonials:

Bomb Experience

Alraz Magical Water Bombs

Bomb Dense Bayrum

Bomb Alraz

Reviews:
    Chillwhip

Bomb Alraz

[​IMG]

Clockwise from top left:
    Bayrum, Lime followed by Al's bayrum aftershave
    Samples: Almond, Lavender and Vetiver

I must mention that my water is hard and I'm too cheap to invest in Brita-water softener. But have since bought water bottles.

The brush used for these is Omega #21047 ( mixed loft )

Packaging:
    Comes with 4oz amber-like jar with plastic sealant to maintain cream's freshness.

Texture:
    It's definitely dense. I wouldn't say it's very soft it probably falls in between soap and cream.

Latherability:
    Absolutely wonderful! I hate my water but that's beside the point. It takes about a little over 3 minutes to create the "whip-cream" effect. It definitely holds up. It's not effervescent and won't run from your face.

Cushion:
    I don't even feel like I'm shaving. No BS! It glides ever so smoothly! I sometimes have to stop to make sure the blade is really touching my face!

Moisturizing:
    Hands down marvelous! I've been using this for sometime now and I'll never forget the first experience and current which is it leaves your face nice and soft like one of those exotic $1000 pillow. It doesn't leave your face greasy-like to point you've to wipe your face. My face seems as though you've doused it with splash of fountain of youth formula. There is no drying or flaking of the sort. Top notch!

The pictures don't do these creams justice because at the time they were used with hard water. At least you've a general idea as to how they lather in general.

Atom Bomb Lavender
    [​IMG]

Atom Bomb Vetiver
    [​IMG]

Atom Bomb Almond
    [​IMG]

Atom Bomb Lime
    [​IMG]

Atom Bomb Bayrum
    [​IMG]

Overall impression:
    I've never been a cream type guy until I tried out C.O. Bigelow, I wanted to try something else and I'm glad I discovered Alraz's the Atom Bomb. Being a Bayrum nut, I went and got one from him and its is great cream thus far. Yes, indeed takes a little work but you won't regret it. It certainly needs only pea-sized portion compared to others and you've moisturisers and cushion in cream. This actually saves you expense of having to buy aftershave balms or lotions. To me this is like going from my modified honda to having a Subaru STi. The latter has the performance and Symmetrical AWD. In this case, the Atom Bomb has it all: from lathering, moisturizers, cushioning and beautiful aroma that's not too strong. He can personalize your cream in that he can make it as dense as you like and what not.
    Further, those having trouble with lathering will have blast with these as it will provide whip cream lather with a little work.

This has left my face smooth for well over 15hrs. I'm sure if I stayed past that no doubt it would be gone beyond 24hr period. Exceptional indeed as I have sensitive skin.

One thing to note, this actually destroyed the infamous boar scent we've all come to know and appreciate ;)

Very impressed with Al's Atom Bomb. Further, he has great follow-up with his clientele. He checks up on you to see as to whether or not you've any questions or concerns.

Here are scents available:
    Calypso (bay rum), Soca (lime), lemon, Tangier (Tangerine), Calabria (bergamot), Palermo (sage), Bodega (cedar), lavender, Sweet Neroli, ChillWhip (basically like Noxema on steroids), vetiver, almond, Wild Prairie (floral), Boheme (floral, very floral), geranium (floral), Saigon (lemongrass) and, the popular ProBomb (however this one is does not smell exactly like Proraso because it has EOs instead of FOs). The names in capitals in most cases contain oils besides the one listed but I can make the single oil. Calypso and Soca are the bestsellers.

*Disclaimer:
    I do not work with Al, I am just a consumer and happen to love the Bomb. I am not receiving any monetary compensation or otherwise.

2. KiltedShaver

KiltedShaver Member

Is there a way to contact him here, or do we need to go over to SRP and sign up there to contact him? Price?

3. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I put a couple samples of the Bomb in the grab bag

Price? Contact info? It seems so far that Al is only serving the SRP folks since he doesn't give any public info in his signature line, or have a website up

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

All of those pics of the lather look like nothing I'd ever shave with. That would barely pass as bath bubbles, let along shaving lather.

I'm glad the OP said to not take those pics as indicative of the actual results of the cream (except for his own results) -- not very flattering pics. :confused:

5. SiR-ed8

SiR-ed8 New Member

Gentlemen,

My water is unfortunately hard . Please use the links posted to check the pictures.

Thank you,

Ivan

6. cvac

cvac Member

Agree that the pics make the lather look too airy and bubbly. Apparently a lot of people seem to like it though. I've heard that you have to whip it for 3 minutes straight? Is that true?

How much does this stuff cost? I have yet to see any reference to price. Also, what is it made of? Are there any animal products in it? Are there sample available for purchase?

7. Tom Ford

Tom Ford Member

Thanks for the review. although you go into great detail, how would you describe the lather, in terms of slickness? Is it comparable to soap lather?

Out of curiosity, do you shave with a DE or straight?

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Lee already addressed the point somewhat.

Please read the threads at SRP, and contact Alraz directly at SRP (don't believe he is a member here) if you are interested.

Alraz is welcome to sell his products here at TSD if he wishes. Within the rules of The Vendors Corner.

9. slickhands

slickhands New Member

There are much better pictures of the lather in SRP. Can't tell you yet about the lathering but I just paid $25 for a 4 oz tub, I am waiting in anticipation. Great to hear that Al will sell his products here.

10. SiR-ed8

SiR-ed8 New Member

Gentlemen,

I had an epiphany tired of lathering cream in a bowls/mugs I said to myself screw it and decide to face lather for once. By God the difference! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

[​IMG]

Alraz the Atom Bomb
    Again hard water was used in lathering. I left the cream for 10 minutes. It didn't cake nor did it run from face. What ever cream I've ever used-lets say C.O. Bigelow multiply the cushioning and moisturizing tenfold:

[​IMG]

*note*
    the cake on my right face wasn't from the Bomb-it was from another cream I was testing

Lastly, I was looking at my stop watch as I formed lather and at 19 seconds in it exploded. Come 34 seconds it was an awesome whipped cream effect! This is coming from someone who's never face-lathered.

Al mentioned 3-minutes because everyone's lathering skill varies not to mention brush used as well. It took me 34 seconds to whip lather with boar.

There aren't any animal products in it last I recall. I posted the ingredients but it was deleted.

I haven't used much soap to be honest with you and ashamed to say that as I'm soap guy. I've been too busy testing and experimenting with different creams. But having used Tabac once I dare say for a mass produced product it's not that bad. However Alraz's the Bomb is superiour by comparison in every way it's not over powering there's touch of scent.

With regards to shaving, I shave with a straight.

11. Queen of Blades

The post deleted contained no ingredients list.

12. SiR-ed8

SiR-ed8 New Member

Sorry mate I thought it was in my initial post but it was different scents posted instead.

13. Queen of Blades

No worries. :)

14. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

That lather in the top brush in the picture looks much better... like a typical artisan cream (wet, thick, very cushiony). Hard to tell really, but there it is. I can barely tell there's lather in the bottom brush. ;)

And the picture of your face -- that's a combination of this cream and some other cream you were testing? Double cream -- a new Super-lather?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0C1cLELQo

15. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Well as long as we're all posting pictures of lather, I think I'll jump in too!

This was cut out of an old "People Magazine's sexiest person of the year" article from a few years ago:

thebomblather.jpg

16. mbwhoosh

mbwhoosh Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwz4HBiA_Kc

Cream: Al Raz's Atomic Bomb Lime

Brush: Tweezerman Badger

Sir-ed was kind enough to send some of Al's cream my way when he purchased his. Following is a miniature review of the cream as the video pretty much takes care of the lather questions.

Density: Al's cream is very dense and not at all runny (C.O. Bigelow) yet calling it a soft soap isn't right either in my opinion it has a fair amount of grit and stickyness to it. I would say it falls somewhere between TOBS cream and valobra or cella as far as density.

Latherability: This cream does take time to get used to and has some very unique quirks to it, however the lather can't be achieved when lathered properly it truly impressive when considering the size amount used. This cream is hydrophobic, that is its afraid of water, far more so than any other cream I have tried. Literaly wetting a brush and shaking it vigorously a few times is all that is required to build lather with this product.

It also takes a bit of time to get this cream going which is why I believe some get frustrated and try adding water because they believe this will get the cream going quicker. Just a few drops is enough to make this stuff go flat and runny, just give it a minute or so of hard work and a damp brush and you will be surprised with what it can produce.

Another thing is most people use a almond sized dallop with this product as they would do so with other creams. A pea sized or smaller amount is all that is needed with this stuff. Any more and you likely to overflow your bowl or make a dry thick lather.

Moisturizing: I never really notice this part on any soap or cream I have ever used so can not comment. I will say that the cream did not dry out my skin but then I have oily skin so take that as you will.

Scent: is purely preferance based and should have nothing to do with a review in my opinion. That being said I love lime soaps and creams and quite enjoyed the bomb's scent. it lasted through the mixing and the whole shave and dissapeared as soon as I put on my ASB as I a good lather scent should.

In conclusion I would (and will) happily buy and use the Bomb again and reccomend it to anyone who enjoys cream or is unsatified with the volume of thier current lather.

17. slickhands

slickhands New Member

I just posted on a different thread about The Bomb, this is an exceptional product in my opinion, I am glad that you have tried it too. Isn't this the best protection and slick you have seen in a cream? I have never seen anything like this before, it makes my Castle Forbes shy, only a bit and the lather literally explodes. And the scents, it is hard to decide what to buy. I am considering Sweet Neroli, Bodega and Saigon. I have already placed another order for Almond and Tangerine.

18. Kurt

Kurt Member

Its ok

I tried this cream it was ok but nothing special. The ingredients were not posted on product so I have no idea what was it it.

19. slickhands

slickhands New Member

Humm,what scent did you try? I have 6 already and more coming soon and all perform extremely well. Could it be your scent? What is your favorite cream? Al is a bit tight with the formula but so was Colonel Sanders. If I understand this right, he said that the oils are broken down so it does not matter what you start with. He also said that only what is not broken matter (moisturizers).