So what's with your stage name?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Bring this back up to the top since we have some new members with unique user names, and maybe they will shed light on their choices.

2. aberneth

aberneth Member

My first computer program was a phonetic name generator. After spitting out about 8 names like ropugit and wequinze, it finally spit out something that made a little sense, and that was aberneth.

JBSharp likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Because I AM THE Jody. [​IMG]

4. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

MOALLEN was the first computer account name assigned to me at a company a long time ago (that was a mainframe account name if that gives you any idea of the date).

M - Michael
    O - middle initial ;)
    Allen - last name

So, nothing very clever, just very comfortable and familiar.

5. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

Thats ok, a lot of us are in that boat too. Including me.

CSBudzi = Christopher Stephen Budzinski

I like to sign C. S. Budzi much faster then writing out ever damned character. Plus it reminds me of C. S. Lewis.

6. Well, I've always been in love/obsessed with anything that flies. My dad got his pilot's license before I was born and when I was little he built his own ultra-light plane. He and I have always been into RC aircraft (planes and helicopters) and rockets.

When I got to high school, I decided that besides being a pilot, the only career I could see myself pursuing would be that of an aerospace engineer. Technically, all aerospace engineers aren't all rocket scientists, but that's how most of the students refer to it. My friends all joke at school when we're studying something difficult that is giving us trouble and say "Well, its not like its rocket science... Oh, crap, wait a minute..." :D

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Good stuff!

Thanks for the resurrection, Bill.

8. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I have trouble remembering if I am coming or going....

:ashamed001

9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

oh, you're so palindrome-atic :D

10. MikekiM

PreciselylesicerP

:happy102

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

!LOL!

*see what I did there? :D

12. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Dash Maverick is my ultra suave other persona.

Dash, as in 'dashingly handsome'. And Maverick for a person who strays from the pack and sets his own fad.

It also doubles as a pretty good 'adult actor' name.

13. MikekiM

Good one...!

14. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Used to be Sparcotsi here which is what I use most other places,
    Sparco - the racing seats I used when I used to race
    Tsi - 1992 Eagle talon tsi (my race car)
    Now -
    TheCopperHat - self explanatory, it's my store.

15. freebird

freebird Active Member

Freebird, for a couple of reasons. One I'm a Lynyrd Skynrd fan, but the main reason was when I got out of a sticky situation some years back I felt like a free bird.

16. hornm

hornm New Member

hornm= last name, Horn & First initial M. Sorry it couldn't be more exciting :rolleyes:

Michael

17. TMDE Dan

TMDE Dan Member

TMDE - Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment
    Dan - First name.

I was a calibrator in the Army and the TMDE was part of my job title. I feel your pain "sparky5693". Many times while calibrating or repairing suddenly someone says "something smells hot". That gives you enough time to turn around and say "huh" and by the time you turn back around the factory smoke is coming out.

18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I swear, I don't know how I came to this name. Crack, according to my brother-in-law, who speaks much, much better in English than me, can mean top, or finest, such as crack commandos, and star, because I wear a big gold Star of David.

Tralfaz and BamaT like this.
  19. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

My stage name is St. Croix. I've used it since 1979. It is my professional name.

St. Croix

20. blood_type_O

blood_type_O New Member

Just in case I get a little wild with one of my early morning shaves, you'll know what to tell the Doctor.