Art of Shaving vs. The Real Shaving Co.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Dulouz, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

There is a significant price difference between these two products, as well as a difference in local availability.

In your opinion, is there a significant difference in quality?

I have used unscented AOS and I think it's fantastic. I have yet to try TRSC.

2. Goby

Goby New Member

You need to try it.

I've never tried AoS, but I use the 3 T's and Castle Forbes. It is made by the same company that makes Trumpers, Truefitt & Hill, and Taylor. The smell is just "good," but the lather is amazing. For $2.99 on sale, it is the best value in shaving (nothing even comes close). Even at $5.00, it is a steal. If it were a better scent, like Almond or Lime, it would be the greatest cream ever.

3. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

I agree with Goby.

I have both, and both perform incredibly well. As you know, AoS shaves very well; and, for those who like scents, AoS wins on scent, although TRSC's woodsy (?) scent is just fine.

TRSC is all that its fans say it is: a very fine cream, with a price that takes it to the status of best value. [Key point, for emphasis: It's not good because of it's price, like, say, VDH soaps; it's price just makes a fine cream truly a best value.] It's the cream I give everyone to get them started, it's one of my few staple creams in my den. Recommended unconditionally and unequivocally.

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Oh Dulouz, you HAVE to get some then. I haven't used the AOS stuff so I can't compare but I can tell you that TRSC is good stuff. I even like the smell and the lather is really nice. I got mine at Rite Aid I think for 5 bucks and for that kinda money and given that I use it as my main SC (at least 4 days a week) and it has been 2 months and I still have half of a 5 oz tube, I'd say too that the value is excellent.

5. ek.310

ek.310 New Member

I think Art of shaving and E-shave make identical products VERY well as their reviews state

6. ACE$&8s

ACE$&8s New Member

I picked up 4 tubes of TRSC awhile back, they were on sale for $3.00 at Rite Aid. I like it and use it once in a while.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'll take Eshave anytime over AoS. They are 2 different items completely, at least to me.

8. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

TRSC reminds me most of the AOS cream in the tube as far as texture, looks, consistency, etc.

9. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I wish I had the opportunity to try Eshave. I got cheated on their 15 dollar asst shave kit. The 4 creams they gave me where as hard as a rock. I mean so hard you could barely put an indentation in them with all your weight pressing down.
    They were terribly dried out too. I couldn't even get them out of the little jar.

I contacted Eshave and asked if they were supposed to be like that and they said no. I then sent another email asking if they could send me out some more to try and they said no. I was told to add some water or buy more.

I ended up sending one to my friend in New Jersey just to see if he could do anything with it and he couldn't use it.

Customer Service like that doesn't sit well with me. Especially someone obviously trying out their products by buying the sample assortment that could be potential lifetime customers