My new Kimson brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by CatMan, Feb 24, 2010.

1. CatMan

CatMan Member

About six weeks ago I received my Kimson brush, buffalo horn handle, silvertip, 25mm knot. Time enough to test it. The brush is not just beautiful, but the hair is very densely packed, holds a lot of water and hence is an excellent lather creator. It is very soft to the skin and does not shed at all. IMO, this is a fantastic brush at a very reasonable price ($70 + shipping). Source: http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/

[​IMG]

2. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

WOW......... :drool

That's a really beautiful brush you've got there :happy088

3. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Wow

Hi, that is a nice brush. I ran into this store a few weeks ago. and noticed the handles. I was going to try to order the black handle (30Bucks) because it looked good and was not expensive. I thought hey if I get ripped off then I wont be loosing too much. but after your review I think Ill go ahead and buy a nicer one. Thanks for showing your brush to us. Very nice...

By the way is the handle solid and heavy or is it hollow. I would like a nice heavy handle.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's solid horn, but not heavy. Horn isn't as heavy as you'd think.

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

beautiful brush. Is it me or does it look like the finish is chipping a bit at the top?

6. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

It does...

I does look like some kind of finish is coming off. but it could also be soap. can you let us know. thanks

7. CatMan

CatMan Member

The handle is solid, and the total brush weight is 77g.

No, the finish is not chipped. I just didn't clean it good enough after using it that day. A little soap residue remained. Sorry for the confusion!

BTW, I'll try to get another one. Vu Kimson mentioned in an email to me recently, he would be able to make one like this with a 28mm knot. I'm very curious about that deal!

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Kimson makes really spectacular brushes. I have several of his brushes now, and they're all great, and with natural horn, no two pieces are the same.... makes it feel even more special when you pick one out.

9. bloodybill

bloodybill New Member

I think i may order some 1911 grips from him .

10. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

that's a beauty, i'm getting tired of seeing all this gorgeous stuff you guys can get in europe and the states. It's obscene shipping costs to bring it to Canada and theres not very many shops out here with alot of selection

11. CatMan

CatMan Member

Shipping was around $8 from Vietnam. Why would it be more to ship to Canada?

12. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Its been said I know, buts thats so beautiful. I want to open a barber shop to justify all the gear i would like to buy :)