Unlurked in East Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by TonyO, Feb 24, 2010.

1. TonyO

TonyO New Member

OK, the initial soap of the quarter thread unlurked me -- I guess I've been a member here, and wet shaving, for quite a while, and it's high time I introduced myself. :ashamed001

I'm in Knoxville, in east Tennessee. I've got two young kids & a wife who thankfully only rolls her eyes :rolleyes: when she sees all of my shaving-related stuff.

The den's not that large, really, compared to some of yours: Four brushes, a couple of Merkurs & quite a few unused Gillettes, 10-12 soaps, 4-5 creams, and a bunch of different aftershaves (That's the part I get the eye-rolling on, mostly...).

Normal rotation: Futur with a Red Personna; Either the Kent BK4 or the relatively-new-and-still-not-quite-broken-in R&B commemorative Omega boar; MWF, Harris, Trumper's, TSD, or Proraso (green tub, though I wanna' try the white) soap; One of the many aftershave splashes mixed with some aloe gel in my palm before application.

So, thanks for the initial welcome over in the SOTQ thread, thanks for all of the contribution to such interesting discussion here, and thanks to Joanna for this board and such fine products. Look forward to chatting with you!

Tony

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:signs046

Welcome Tony, nice to have you come out of lurk mode, we look forward to your contributions.

Is that Omega boar the limited edition of 25 the Shoe Box Shaving had listed?

3. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Thanks, Bill!

It is indeed the limited edition. As I was posting I headed over to Shoebox, and it has been removed, which undoubtedly means they're sold out. Once I get my post count over 5 I'll throw a pic in here. It's a big ol' beautiful brush. Breaking in nicely, though not quick enough for me. :)

Tony

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome again, Tony! :signs046

It's the members that make TSD so great! I'm just the den mother. :)

Can't wait to see a pic of the brush!

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Looking forward to the pictures... kinda.

I had that brush in my cart several times but the price always held me back, since my past boar brushes never lived up to their reputations. So instead I bought my first Omega brush (31064), and after using it realizing just how good the Omega's are, I know that I missed out on a terrific brush. :mad:

With only 25 being made too, that is a real Limited Edition.

6. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Yeah, I did the same thing a number of times; And from all I've read, the 31064 or one of its kin would have been just as good for half the cost. Still, it looked so darn good!

If it's any consolation, I've used it, hmm, maybe 20 times, and it's only just -starting- to break in. I hope it gets there sometime! Right now, I have to be picky with the soap selection to get three passes loaded in the brush: Harris Lavender, Trumper Rose, L'Occ Cade load up three passes with no trouble; Harris Arlington, Trumper Limes, MWF, anything glycerin-based, I'm lucky to get a couple of passes worth in there. It's definitely a different beast than my badgers.

This post should push me over the edge into normalcy (hmm, whatever that is!); I'll take some pics & post over in the brush forum, if you'd like.

Tony

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Welcome to TSD! I'll definitely look at that brush pic.

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

That would be much appreciated. :D

9. aubug

aubug Member

I just logged on to Shoebox Shave.com and it is still there if that is the Shoebox
    you are talking about TonyO.

10. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, Tony :signs046

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

11. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Hey, AuBug, I couldn't find that. Could you post a link to that page? Edit: Found a cached version of that page, here. No good news there, really...

Thanks!

12. aubug

aubug Member

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:confused: What model number? Cause I don't see it, the boar brush in Tony's avatar is the one we are talking about.

14. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Bill & Au, that brush is Omega model number 71278, though there's no picture of it on the Omega site. I did not find it in the current Shoebox offering; The avatar pic is one I snagged from that cache of Shoebox. I'll take a better one of the actual brush this weekend alongside a couplea' other brushes for comparison.

I shouldn't even go to that website... Now I want more stuff!

15. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Oh and thank you all for the kind words and warm welcome! :happy036

Entertaining selection of smilies you have, too. :happy093

16. TonyO

TonyO New Member

Done!

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

Welcome to the Den! The Futur is something else, isn't it? Enjoy!