Nancy Boy Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by revtriplep, Feb 24, 2010.

1. revtriplep

revtriplep Member

Anybody tried this stuff, any good?:confused:

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Never tried it myself, but I would like to sometime, the reviews are pretty favorable for it.

3. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I bought some and wasn't impressed with it at all. I really really wanted to like this cream too for some reason.

The lather was very weak and thin. I tried all the different tricks and talked to the owner and he gave me some tips and it still didn't work. I believe he told me it was meant to be brushless, but can be used with a brush

The only way for me to really get it to work is to apply a bunch of it by hand. At the point I was using so much product it just wasn't worth it for me

I know others give it great reviews so just buy it and see if you like it

You can always sell it on here if you dont like it

4. Goby

Goby New Member

I think it's one of the best ever. Seriously.

Great lather, great smell, great everything!!!

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

Overrated

This cream is overrated! When it first came out everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

There are better options out there IMHO.

6. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

I dont know how it shaves , have not tried the sample I was sent to do a bath soap scent (curing now) but it sure smells good.

Issy

7. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I bought it based on all the reviews and posts where people were saying if they had only one cream to take to a dessert island it would be Nancy Boy.

It just didn't work for me. It really smelled good though

8. Goby

Goby New Member

It's in my "Desert Island Bag," along with my Beatles CD's, clean underwear, and bottled water.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I bought in Florida, used it 3 or 4 times, and gave it to my brother-in-law, who loved it. Me, I hated it.

10. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

I will say one thing. I hear enough people who have love for the cream to,for at least for a brief second, entertain the notion of buying another tub. I never would actually do it because their are other products the work better for ME.

The Nancy Boy company also thinks their cream is good enough to fully stand by it and offer a refund if you aren't satisfied.

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Ahh, the resurrection of an old thread.

I absolutely love the Nancy Boy Signature cream. It is definitely my favorite. The scent is a great eye opener when you've just woken up or just don't seem to have energy to get going. It lather's wonderfully and provides a very smooth shave. Not to mention it's good for your skin, all natural ingredients. If a law was passed that said you can own only one soap, this would be it.

If you decide to order it, join their Club Nancy Boy first on their web site (I can't post a link yet as since I'm new, I'm restricted) and by doing this, you automatically get 15% off all future orders. And by joining, they send monthly emails with specials. This month's special is a free travel-size hair conditioner or travel-size replenishing shave cream or travel-size invigorating body wash with orders of $50 to $99. Orders of $100 or more get one of those free PLUS free, your choice of their brand new just announced Blossomwood scent Fresh Deodorant or Moisturizing Face Mask or Signature-scented lavender buds.

12. CSL

CSL Member

Doesn't make much lather but I have found it to be protective & easy on the face compared to some others.
    If you are not bothered by the lack of lather & willing to think of it as a more of a shaving lube then it's worth giving a try.
    Also it works fine with hard water.

13. IAmTheJody

If you're having trouble lathering it, try more water. Just a suggestion. I've no issues making a nice, rich and thick lather with Nancy Boy.

14. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Jody,

Too funny, I am also a nancy boy fan, but was about to suggest the opposite! A little LESS water in the brush seems to work for me, but then I face lather on a pretty wet face when I use creams.

I also noticed that I don't get the same TYPE of lather that I do out of a tallow shave soap or a CF type cream. It is different. It took me maybe three days of experimenting, and I was hooked. It might not be in my desert island bags (I have so many wonderful creams and soaps...this is not a terrible thing!), but it is very, very close.

15. IAmTheJody

Ah, thanks for reminding me that I didn't ask his technique. I've a large enamel mug in which I make my lather. The only face lathering I do is when I use Palmolive Shave Stick, which I grated down on a cheese grater and then packed into a plastic twist-bottom-to-raise-product container. As for Nancy Boy, I put a little hot water in my enamel mug, take my wet brush shaken out, swirl it in the cream, then swirl it in the enamel mug with the water. If I need more water, I dip the tips of the brush in the sink which is full of hot water and then swirl more. It may seem tedious but this is how I've gotten great lathering results with Nancy Boy. One thing I've learned about this cream is that it's highly concentrated so a little cream makes an explosion of lather. YMMV based on technique.

And what is the soap in your desert island bag? Point me to a thread/review? [​IMG]

16. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Soap in the desert island bag is probably tabac. Overall, I say it the best most consitent soap for me.

"The Bomb" is made by a member at StraightRazorPlace, I do not know if he is a member here, AlRaz, and do not know if it is appropriate to point to a link there. You should be able to ffind it with that info. it is a very dense cream, and would fight Tabac for a space in that bag, as would Castle Forbes Lime.

17. IAmTheJody

Awesome, thanks for the recs. I didn't like Tabac myself but Castle Forbes Lime is good stuff!

18. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Jody

How do you explain you joined " Club Nancy Boy" to your parents?:happy102

19. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Shaving cream is like steak. I take mine medium rare. Your mileage may vary. Good stuff. Not the best. But I enjoy it from time to time. Their customer service is great. Try their laundry stuff! I use it when I'm on the road.

St. Croix

20. Lucky11453

Lucky11453 New Member

This is one I have not tried.