Maestro Livi

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by IsaacRN, Jul 27, 2007.

1. ruckeriii

ruckeriii New Member

I have TIs and Maestro’s and find very little difference between the two in the shave. ::duel They handle a little differently and Maestros have better blade geometry but for the price I will buy TIs from now on. Have you seen the new steal TI is coming out with? :bounce

Mason

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Mason!

3. gugi

gugi New Member

Welcome Mason

4. Lynn

Lynn New Member

I love the Maestro Razors still. They are elegant and great shavers. The Maestro has set the standard for modern day custom straight razors and each is a work of art. Check out StraightRazorDesigns.com.

Lynn

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Heya Lynn....welcome back.

6. Lynn

Lynn New Member

Sharin' the love Isaac.........:rofl

Lynn

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Lynn.

8. patchmark

patchmark New Member

I have a Maestro Livi regrind, which I bought from Lynn. I have not used it yet as I both have not gotten to it with all the razors I have purchased and also for the fact that I'm a little scared that it might be the only razor I'll want to use after I do try it.:eek:;)

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

what a difference 3 months makes. I now own a Livi :)

10. bg42

bg42 New Member

well Bill Ellis any way
    Kind regards Peter
    PS sure to put at least one nose out of joint, maybe this should be in the joke section

11. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Still liking that Livi, Isaac?

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I actually sold off the Livi that was referenced in that post. I have a few...and they are all pretty nice blades.

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I still have mine and it's a great blade! I own many great ones today and the Livi rank very high!

14. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I've spoken to a few people who were disappointed with Livi's razors. They said that for the price, they were underwhelmed with the quality control: uneven scales, uneven wedge, pins not flush, etc. While he obviously has many happy buyers, the number of negative reviews makes me apprehensive. In contrast, I've never seen one negative post about a Bill Ellis custom.

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Had to bump this thread up in response to Telly....

I LOVE me a Livi razor...I have 5 of them...But I must say that Joe Chandler is cranking out some beautiful blades

16. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

These days the options for custom straight razors are numerous. I'm on Ellis' and RW's waiting lists. :)

17. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

This is true..

One day ill stop being lazy and post pictures of the Pendray Wootz Damascus that Joe Chandler made me....

REAL DAMASCUS...It is a beauty..

18. ZethLent

ZethLent Member

Issac, How does your new Chandler shave? I saw one of the Wootz Damascus on SRD and was very curious. Also have you had to hone it? I read on SRP Nelson's review of the TI Wootz and was also curious about the honing of the Chandler Wootz.

Thanks