Another Canuck joins the ranks

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Uncle Chewbacca, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Uncle Chewbacca

Uncle Chewbacca New Member

Hello all! I've been fascinated with SER/DE razors ever since I got my first SER shave @ the Art of Shaving for my birthday last year. Now, there's no looking back.

I must say, after attending the Olympic events and parties here in Vancouver, I've seen some epic beards! Not to mention a local natural pharmacy that sells TGR products!

2. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Good day to you!

Can never have to many Canadians hanging around. I've found this to be an excellant site at learning everything and everything about shaving. Enjoy your stay:D

3. Uncle Chewbacca

This forum is the best of its kind. I'm hooked! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Q: What did the US hockey team ask the Canadian hockey team on the podium?

A: How's the view from up there?

4. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Ha, did you see them interview some of the US team after the game? I mean after losing a gold medal game like that, that close leave the guys alone that's just crude IMO. Helluva game though.

5. Uncle Chewbacca

The game was epic! Team Canada did a great job and the OT made for a much more interesting game since most of us (Canadians) were convinced that we would not lose. I watched the Soviet slaughter first hand 15 rows from the rink and never thought the US vs. Canada was going to be that close.

The US team looked so sad though, I mean aboslutely devastated. They should have held their heads up high after playing with such tenacity rather than looking like Emo hockey players on Prozac.

6. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Seattle, Washington is in Canada now?!?!?!?!

:scared011

:D
    Howdy from Texas, and Welcome to the Den!

7. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

lmao excellent descripton, I agree to a point but even knowing you busted it out there and left the tanks empty, losing the olympic gold medal has got to weigh heavy. I'd rather see an athlete devastated about coming close, then whistling and carefree. IMO whistling shows a lack of interest in what happend and possibly a lack of trying on the field.

8. Uncle Chewbacca

Yeah, same climate, friendly people and better beer. Plus the banking system and housing market out here hasn't collapsed as it did in the US (wife's a banker and we're looking to develop home soon)

9. Uncle Chewbacca

Agreed. At least they're not sore losers like Russians. Talking to those fans after the game was like having a tea with Stalin; awkward and rude.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The Sports forum is in No Holds Barred for a reason, gents. Please keep such discussions where they belong.

11. Uncle Chewbacca

Sorry.....So I heard the Russian hockey team uses DE razors?

12. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

so do you spend much time around van isle?

13. Uncle Chewbacca

Been there a half dozen times in recent years; Tofino, Port Alberni, etc. Tofino especially is a beautiful place to visit. Went there during storm season and rented a condo on the beach. A bit of a commute though, I think it took us 3.5 hours.

14. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Yeah tofino's a good drive, didn't have the greatest time last time I was there though. My wife and I were looking at properties on the island around Nanaimo/Coombs etc. Even a few on Salt Spring and Gabriola Island (i'd love to live on Gabriola) The move will either come next spring or fall I think. I absolutley love the island.

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

16. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

Welcome Chewie! Good luck with it!