Cool Florida Water Art

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by 1OldGI, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Don't know if it's just me that notices stuff like this but aside from being an absolutely phenomenal fragrance. There is just some fabulous artwork associated with this product. I'd really like a big litho like this to frame in the shave cave. Some examples:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

I think these are great. But, is it just me or do some of them seem a bit...uh...phallic?

3. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

Not picking up on the phallic part myself but I am thinking I might have to order some water. I do like the artwork though it's a class above what you see today.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I really like the art, but I think it's too nuanced to be effective with a modern audience. I've been thinking about ordering FW for over a year and just never get around to it. I'll keep it on the to try list and hopefully it doesn't take too long. Won't be really quick as I don't plan on ordering any more shave gear for a few months (I'm rather well stocked).

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm with you dude, I totally saw the huge shlongy-ness thrown in there with the busty women. All macho at the same time suggestive to the ladies. It is unisex you know, as are most fragrances, but back in those days they marketed to both male and female.

6. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

My thoughts as well.

And Erik, do you have a CVS near you?

7. Cowtown

Cowtown New Member

These are so cool. I love Victoriana and the Murray and Lanman advertisements are just gorgeous. Did you get these from a Google images search or from a certain site? I have found some of them from simple searches but not at this larger size. Also, anyone have an idea of how to correct the lean of the images? It looks like they were owner shots of old Victorian trade cards. I just want them for wallpaper for the pc.

8. aaron abram

aaron abram Member

I was taken in by the artwork too.
    Very beautiful.

9. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

:sihns011