Foot cream recommendation?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by greenhorn, Apr 12, 2010.

1. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good foot lotion. I have very dry feet.

Thanks Doug

2. ajsaxs

ajsaxs Active Member

Nivea Simply Soft Body Lotion has worked wonders on my feet.

3. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

True Blue Spa "Heal of Approval".
    Available at Bath and Body Works.
    $16.50 for 4 oz.
    I use it and it healed my cracked heals, works fantastic.
    I use it (sparingly) on my hands now as well

4. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I read a post somewhere suggesting Bag Balm. It was a post by a Vermont mail man. Just happened that we had a tin of the stuff in the medicine cabinet. It works great! It's kind of sticky when applying and takes a little while to soak in, but soothes and hydrates with great success. Doesn't cost much and available at most pharmacies. I suggest applying after a shower or bath ideally before bedtime, then don a pair of socks to keep any residual from getting on the sheets.

5. dcrosso

dcrosso New Member

Foot cream

Try using Vaseline Mens Face and Body Lotion. I read about it on Badger and Blade, Aftershave Reviews, being used for an aftershave balm. (I had been using some Mennen aftershave balm.) I bought some Vaseline Face and Body Lotion at Walmart for around $6 (31.8 oz.) and found it to one of the best/cost effective shave balms I have ever used. You only have to use just a small amount. I stops any irritation and heals any cuts that occour while shaving.

It was so good I started using it on my elbows. I put it on at night, just before going to sleep. No more, rough, grey, cracking callous on th elbows.

I also had some drying on my feet and I started using it. I put it on daily, just before my socks. After I take ashower I put it on. My feet have never been healthier feeling and looking. This is a great product. I have been using the 31.8 oz. for about six months and I still have about 1/3 left. This product penetrates the skin and does not leave a sticky coating you have to worry about geting on the bedding or clothing.

6. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

Thanks for the recomendations. I ended up with some Gold Bond foot cream that worked great. I always have a small can of Bag Balm in my kit bag use it for anything from chapped lips to athletes foot but it did not seem to be working on my heels. I will be buying some of the Vaseline lotion to try too.

Thanks again Doug

7. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

My wife read in a jogging magazine that for dry feet it is good to rub your feet down with regular Vaseline and then put your socks and shoes on and head out for a run. She's been doing this now for a few months and has gotten very good results. Surprisingly it hasn't ruined her socks.
    I suppose it would work fine for walking too.

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

vaseline. just wipe off excess.

9. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I've always been a big fan of Lotil.

10. geneaut

geneaut Member

Cornhuskers is my all around lotion. It does wonders on the rough patches on my feet.

11. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Aveeno lotion is the one for me

12. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

This works wonders for me. I use it a morning and night.

[​IMG]

I get this stuff at Shopko and it runs about twelve bucks a pop. The picture above is a link to some joint I found when I Googled the name. They seem to have an ok price. but I didn't check shipping costs.

13. mycarver

mycarver New Member

While at Lowes of all places I spotted a lime gree tub of something called O'Keeffe's Working Hands. My hands were sore so I bought it just to have something then and there to use.
    Wow,, does this stuff work! I kid you not, use it on ANY dry ,cracked skin and over night it seems to be gone.
    The other ( besides cornhuskers for all around use) is one I read about on several sites by dermatologists, health and beauty types is Cetaphyl. Available at most any drugstore, and was tops in the lists of moisturizers against ones costing mega bucks and is very good for your skin if you study the ingredients as they did. ( it was exhausting but interesting) I use it as an after shave balm as well.

14. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Okeeffe's is good stuff too. This product isn't a moisturizer itself, but instead causes your skin to seek out moisture from the surrounding air. The logic behind their product is that moisturizers create an immediate benefit, but the oils inside can create a barrier keeping out ambient moisture... making you dependent on the moisturizer.

15. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream is excellent and very heavy duty. Here are the ingredients: glycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, avena sativa (oat) kernel protein, lanolin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, fragrance.

eric.

16. TSasser

TSasser New Member

Has anyone tried Water-Glycerin before? I have a bottle of Glycerin and it says its primary use if for skin moisturizing, just add equal parts of water before use.

I have been contemplating trying this as a after-shave splash to keep my face moisturized and it seems like it would work on hands and feet as well, theoretically.

17. Sparafucile

Sparafucile Member

+1

18. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

As a long time diabetic, I have been using foot creams for decades: both the very high end as well as the low cost. I recently discovered jojoba oil which, for me, works far better than anything I previously used.

19. RazoRock

RazoRock New Member

Prep heel cream is very very good. If you can't find that, regular Prep cream works great as well.