Gold Bug in rescaled in Bubinga

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by superbleu, Apr 20, 2010.

1. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Look what the cat dragged in!!!
    This is my first attempt at making some scales. I ruined the original acrylic scales by trying to clean them with scrubbing bubbles. That didn't work so well.
    The Scales are made with bubinga with some IDK wood for the wedge.
    Pinning on the wedge end is kinda shoddy but it will do for now.

Attached Files:

2. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

nice razor Bong, ive been after a Gold Bug for quite some time

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great community of guys and gals that enjoy wetshaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the April Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

:D

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

5. sffone

sffone Member

Great job on the scales. I really like the looks of your pinning job. What kind of washers did you use and where did you get them? I especially like the look of the stacked, different-sized washers.

6. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

The stainless washer I got from a local hardware store, the smaller one I got from microfastener.com

Jimmy these gold bugs are made by S.R. Droescher and are fine shavers. You would do well to pick one up for yourself.

Thanks for the welcome Bill, but I doubt I'm eligible to win the newbie giveaway.

7. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Hey, stranger - Nice to see you!!!

The scales look great for a first attempt. You go with your bad self! I can't wait to see your next set. Thanks for sharing!

:signs154