FREE Starter Kit From The Art of Shaving For Subscribers of The Thrillist

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by MadCapsule, May 4, 2010.

1. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

Hey, everyone!

Just figured I'd let you all in on a good deal I discovered from a newsletter I subscribe to. The Art of Shaving is offering a free unscented starter kit if you sign up for their preferred customer newsletter.

I haven't picked mine up yet, so I can't comment on the quality of the brush or any of the other products in the kit, but I figure it's worth checking for free. The offer is over at the end of this month.

PS- I'm not affiliated with The Thrillist or The Art of Shaving.

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

It may not be a problem for you. However, you have to take the coupon to an actual Art of Shaving store and not just a place that sells their products or one of their kiosks.

3. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Member

Keeps asking me to use the email address I used when I signed up at thrilllist.com.
    But that's the one I'm using. =^/

4. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I had the same problem

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Me three!

6. geneaut

geneaut Member

Same here :(

7. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

That's strange. I don't know why it would be giving you guys that problem.

I'll be picking my kit up today, so I'll have a report on the products included in it soon. I can't imagine that the brush will be anything great, seeing as the whole kit is only valued at $25.00, but we'll see.

8. geneaut

geneaut Member

I wonder if it is only for Thrillist Chicago members.

9. djwurm

djwurm New Member

Possibly

10. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

A new AOS opened here and they are promoting it, so that may be it. Sorry about the confusion, everyone!

I went in to pick up my kit the other day and they were all out. They took down my contact info and will call me when the next shipment comes in.

11. geneaut

geneaut Member

Sorry the kit wasn't in for you. My only interest in it was to send the brush to my brother with some TSD soap to get him hooked into the hobby :)

12. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

Well, the shipment came in today and I picked up my kit.

I'm thinking about giving it to my oldest nephew, since he's a teenager now and should be starting to shave soon. Then again, he's Asian, so he might be well into college before he starts shaving!

As I suspected, the brush is extremely small and the hairs have obviously been clipped. It might be good for getting him started out though.

The kit also comes with a gift card worth $25 off of a full-size shaving kit which, ultimately, doesn't add up to much since they are so expensive.

13. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Excellent, I have been searching for shaving stores in my area..Savannah, Charleston, Hilton Head and the art of shaving has two resellers in Charleston. I tried the yellow pages, calling barber supply stores, without much success. The ones that I found were overpriced. Good stuff:drool:eatdrink004:bounce

14. Batness

Batness New Member

Did anyone actually get this to work? I'm registered with Thrillist, but never was able to "log" to the link! Kept having the same issues others were with the e-mail address.

I wrote to both Thrillist and Art of Shaving; haven't heard back yet. :(

15. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

No it did not work for me and it is just for the Chicago Store according to the previous threads.:confused:

16. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

This is from an earlier comment that I just found that explains further.::lam

17. Batness

Batness New Member

Regardless to which store the promo is FOR, the subscription should work and not say "invalid e-mail" if you used the same one for Thrillist.

And apparently it wasn't *just* for the new Chicago AOS store...as I got a free kit. :)

18. teaandscurvy

teaandscurvy New Member

Wish I knew about this before I went in. :p I would have missed their deadline anyway.