DE89L and Muhle R89 question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sffone, May 15, 2010.

1. sffone

sffone Member

I just received an Edwin Jagger DE89L and a Muhle R89 and noticed that the shaving heads look exactly alike. Are the heads made by the same company? :confused:

2. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

I believe that EJ & Muhle collaborate together for their safety razors... I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone here has a definitive answer.

3. El Judio Afeitado

El Judio Afeitado New Member

It's no coincidence; they're the same. EJ and Muhle have been one company for some time now though they still market separately.

A question of price for the handle you fancy.

4. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

Yes.. The heads are the same! The handles are different.
    I believe Muhle mades the heads.
    I may be mistaken here, but I think DR Haris razors use the same Muhle heads.

5. sffone

sffone Member

Thank you, gentlemen, for the information. I had thought that EJ was an English company and Muhle was German, but now I find out that they're essentially the same company. Oh well, live and learn, as they say.

6. Shaving.ie

Shaving.ie New Member

I'm not sure if they are the same company but clearly they work together and with the recent offerings their relationship is clearly working well as both the Muhle and EJ razors are very well made.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I was looking at the Muhle site yesterday and say that the had the Jagger stuff on there so I figured they were collaborating in someway or another.

8. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

recent versions of these razors share the same head. this is a relatively new development- M.P. razors have used at least one other razor head in the past five years, which was supplied by Fatip. These are the open comb r89s that have a reputation for aggressiveness.

9. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

yup

I believe that Edwin Jagger is just a company that works with different OEM companies. Edwin Jagger Just orders product from them. the OEM companies just make small changes to their product line to accommodate Edwin Jaggers Brand. It happens quite a bit specially with computer component companies which is a different story.

10. Shaving.ie

Shaving.ie New Member

Edwin Jagger have a factory in Sheffield. Some items are most likely oem though.

11. Bushranger

Bushranger Member

I'm glad someone asked, I have wondered this for some time. I wonder if the EJ and Muhle heads are the same composite materials as Merkur, or plated brass?