Aftershaves in the Fridge

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Dulouz, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

Do any of you keep your aftershaves in the fridge?

It seems like it might add just another level of awesomeness to your shaves, especially the mentholated stuff!

2. Dunno what cold Barbasol Brisk would feel like. Also don't know what SWMBO would think of it sitting in the fridge either XD

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I don't do it personally, but I have read of others that do.

4. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

The fridge is too far away from the bathroom sink and the loml would call me a freak if I asked for a minifridge to put in the bathroom. :happy102

5. geneaut

geneaut Member

Hmmm.

Where's my small, soft side cooler and a freezer pack ? I can put my AS in the cooler with a reusable freezer pack before I shower. Uft-ha-ha.

It's small enough I could stash it hidden in the bathroom with SWMBO's knowledge.

I think I'll try some Frozen TSD English Fern in the morning.

6. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

get the minifridge and stock it with drinks after about a month, just be like o honey look what i did i put my creams in the fridge. ;)

7. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

AS In The Fridge...

For a small while I stored Witch Hazel in the refrigerator, had a real nice cool sensation to it, but got too lazy to walk to the fridge to get it, but thinking about it makes me think what my bay rum might feel like refrigerated and on my face after a shave, hmmmmm.....

8. gman41

gman41 Member

Too far

Too far for me but how about this..in between the window and storm window during the cold months if you have them...If i remember to do this it might be nice come winter.

9. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

That sounds like a good idea for the summer months

10. cutter

cutter New Member

I have done that works very well especially with menthol or lime type after shaves.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I think my wife would raise a fit if I did that! :happy102

12. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Why not have your aftershave served to you in an ice bucket like champagne.

[​IMG]

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

This week its been sooo HOT, that I've kept my Arko Aqua AS Splash in the Freezer...I love it but the sensation only lasts a few seconds...

Well in Turkey its a tradition when people come to visit you offer them cologne, and they cup their hands together and you pour this mild lemon cologne splash in their cupped hands. They rub them together and maybe rub some on their face depending on whether its hot or not. This is just a refreshing way of welcoming people to your home or business...
    Well today we had a ton of friends by, and as usual alot of them were splashing their hands with the lemon cologne, when I noticed a small group of friends who looked really prostrated from the HEAT, from their drive here, so instead of the usual cologne I offered them some of my Arko Aqua from the Freezer, when it first hit their hands they lit up...They loved it, They all wanted another shot, and everyone in the room wanted some...LOL. I had to draw-the line...as There were like 30 people in the room and not enough Arko...Next time I'll have to throw a "Frozen Arko Aqua" Party..LOL

I had to leave for about 30 mins but when I returned my Salon smelled like a classic Barber-Shop...I didn't realize til then how great Arko Aqua smells...It's fantastic...

14. Tony_B

Tony_B New Member

I keep aftershaves and witch hazel in the fridge, I also fill up a old 2l bottle with water and put that in the fridge for my final rinses luvly.

T

:anifrozen

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I know very well that custom--remember, I am a Middle Easterner! ;) By the way, is it Pe Re Ja cologne?

16. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Chilled Aftershave...

I am not currently per se using any aftershave. I'm currently using Noxzema Facial Cream (more accurately a Wally-World Equivalent) for an all in one, pre, during and after. What I do for an aftershave is fill a sink of cold water with a bunch of ice cubes in it. The remaining film of Noxzema left on my face has a nice chilling effect when you splash the icewater on your face. I don't even dry off with a towel, but dry my chest with a towel when the Noxzema/Icewater mix inevitably runs down to it. Works very nicely IMO.

17. Matt F

Matt F Active Member

I keep my Witch Hazel in the fridge. :cool:

18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Mainly it's Duru, Selin, or Bogazici, all very similar, very mild limon colognes...

19. ferroburak

ferroburak New Member

:happy102:happy102