Arko

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by over5feet, Jun 17, 2010.

1. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

Have heard lots about this soap and I would like to try this but unsure where you can get this in the UK, Could anyone please tell me if its worth tracking some down

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Arko is quickly becoming my soap of choice. It is inexpensive, creates a great lather, and smells like soap. The scent reminds me of Williams on steroids, but others who are not fans often liken it to urinal cakes. The scent also seems to dissipate over time.

I paid just over $2 US and think it is well worth the money.

Give it a shot.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I thought Connaught would have it, but apparently not. Based on price and performance it is definitely worth tracking down. The only potential downside is scent, as it has a significant citronella note (along with some spice notes and a touch of citrus). Some people really like the scent and others can't stand it. I'm in the "somewhat dislike" group, but still love how well it shaves. Unless you hate citronella, I'd recommend tracking down a stick. If you like it, you can buy it by the case for just over $1 per stick (under 1 pound before VAT). I expect someone in the UK must sell the stuff.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Whether you love it or not, the scent dissapates so quickly it's a non-issue...You can order it here at TSD...Or from just about any shaving site....Also the vendors here carry it as well I would imagine...Might as well get it at TSD, when you order the M-Bomb...:))

5. gman41

gman41 Member

It's Good

For the money it's a good soap. There are a lot of users on this side of the pond.

6. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

You can order some from:
    www.shaveabuck.com

7. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I use it and love it; the scent is wonderful as is the rich, creamy lather. It is similar to t/h Grafton in my opinion and a lot cheaper.

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

An excellent soap!

Arko soap is so good, considering the low price.

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

One of two things will happen:
    1. You will have one hell of a shaving experience
    2. You will hate the generic soap scent and trash it

For me, option 1 happened, Arko just makes my shaving experience awesome!

10. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Arko is a GREAT soap. I keep one with me when I'm on the road and use it when I'm at home. No idea where you can buy it.

St. Croix

11. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 Member

I love it. Then again, I'm the father of three boys, so almost no smell offends me anymore.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have thought the Arko sticks were great ever since 1OLDGI /Mike sent me some. Then BirdLives / Lloyd sent me some Arko creams and ASB's they are great too!

Based on price and performance, Arko of any kind is worth tracking down!

13. Medic_Coop

Medic_Coop New Member

I absolutely love the Arko stick that Rudy Vey sent me. I have not yet tried to Arko cream, but would like to at some point.

14. RB73

RB73 New Member

Hi o5,

Check out any local Turkish barbers if you have any near you, they usually have it as well as other bits n' pieces.