What is Your Current Favorite DE Blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Medic_Coop, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Medic_Coop

Medic_Coop New Member

What is your current favorite blade? You know, the blade you come back to when you realize that that new blade isn't working for you.

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

hard to say, some blades work better in different razors, but my current favorite setup (and has been for a long, long time now) is my Krona loaded with a Feather.

But, to answer the question you've asked, for me, my current favorite all-around blade is the Bolzano Superinox.
    Used to be Red Pack Personnas, but with the Bolzanos I get around 6-8 great shaves per blade, whereas no other blade I've tried has consistently given me more than 5 (had a Red Pack give me 7 once, but it usually doesn't make past 4-5)

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Of course I'm going to find a way to list more than one blade. For me, it's different for my face and head. It also changes for some razors.

That said, on my face with most razors my favorite blade is an Astra Superior Platinum. I find the 7 O'Clock Sharp-Edge just as good, but at over double the price for equal performance it loses out on price.

On my head I like a somewhat milder blade, such as a Crystal or Dorco ST301. Can't say I prefer one of the two over the other for head shaving, but for my face the Crystal is better in some razors (equal in others).

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

It's a toss-up for me. Either a Shark SuperChrome or an Astra Superior Platinum would be my pick. Both are excellent, cost effective and give great shaves

5. DErminator

DErminator Member

Feather.

6. OldAF

OldAF New Member

I've tried two I liked enough to buy in bulk so far.
    Red Pack Personnas and Lord Platinum both suit me fine in my EJ and both are near the bottom of the price scale.

7. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I'll get shot for this but....Sputnik is my absolute go to DE blade.

8. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Astra Superior Platinum.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I like the Red Pack Personna and the Thai Gillette Super Thin as my two primary blades. I also like the Shark Super Chromes.

10. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

astra superior platinum or lord platinum are my favs.

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Red Pack Personnas.

12. IrishNachos

IrishNachos New Member

Generally Feather, but lately I've been getting good shaves with vertical Derby's in my Merkur 34C.

13. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

An Indian blade called Topaz..

14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

15. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Currently using Gillette 7pm Green, a great blade, I also like Astra blades.

16. thatguyjeff

thatguyjeff New Member

Derby extra - but it's the only blade I've used so far :p

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I don't think anyone will be shot over blade preference. I liked the Sputniks I tried about 1-1/2yr ago.

18. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I am hoping no one thinks I was being literal here.

19. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I did. I shot at him 5 or 6 times. But I used Merkur blades, so he never felt it. Except for thinking a lady bug landed on him.

BamaT likes this.
  20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy102