30X Loupe

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Reformation Student, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Hi gang,

I wanted to let you know that I just purchased a 30x jeweler's loupe that Bill suggested to me in another thread. It came in last night and it is a great little tool. (Thanks Bill for the suggestion and link!!)

It's well made and dirt cheap. For me, it works just fine to see what I want to see on my razor's edge.

Here is a link to another loupe by this seller.

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I just ordered one. Hope mine works out too!

Jordan

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I ordered one as well......thanks for the heads up.

4. Reformation Student

I hope it works for you. I'll be using it not just for my straight but also for my fountain pens. Should be pretty versatile if you're not needing that much magnification

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Why would you use it for fountain pens. I have several Watermans and wouldnt think to use it for them.

6. Reformation Student

You're welcome. :D

7. Reformation Student

Sometimes, I find that the ink flow isn't just the way I like it so using something like this helps me see if the tines are too close to the feed or uneven. If I have to make adjustments, it helps to see it in larger size.

8. minderasr

minderasr Member

I ordered one the day Bill recommended it to you. Still waiting for mine to arrive though.

+1 on the thanks to Bill!

:cool:

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

I got one of these about a year ago, it works nicely..great for gemstones too ;)

10. rexj

rexj New Member

I finally received the 30 power loupe, that was suggested. I think it is great for the money. I already have a belomo and the 100x radio shack, and this is the one I use. THanks for the heads up.

11. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

I've had one for years, but not for inspecting blade edges until more recently. I originally started using one while working part time in a jewlery store while in college. Later I used one, and still do, in my coin collecting hobby. As my eyesight has gone south, I find it handy for other viewing other small items or getting a better look at a small part of a larger object.