Small Funnels For Re-Filling Bottles

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by AxelH, Aug 19, 2010.

1. AxelH

AxelH New Member

So, we've all survived the horror of Aqua Velva converting to plastic bottles. I've still got my "vintage" glass bottle and want to keep using it. The problem is I don't have any funnels small enough to fit. Are there any little funnels with spouts small enough to fit into these small openings?

2. rockrabbit

rockrabbit Member

3. Kojak

Kojak New Member

4. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Funny you should ask that. I just mentioned in another thread how I sneaked one of SWMBO's Perfume funnels. Many types of women's perfumes come with a little funnel to refill the bottle with. Swmbo has a drawer in her cosmetic cabinets loaded with them. I'm sure the Queen of Blades would know the easiest way to refill a bottle with a hole spout.

Alan in AZ

5. AxelH

AxelH New Member

After-Shave Injector

The Bed Bath & Beyond is out of stock and doesn't give a size measurement for the smallest funnel.

Found this: http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Small-Natural-Funnel-pr-690.html

Looks as good as I can find. I may try it out.

Got a meat injector thingy. Didn't think of using that. Is that hygienic? Could there be a residue left from whatever shave stuff I'd put through it? Ahhh... I'll just clean it out with soapy water. I'll try the marinade injector. Thanks, Kojak. Thanks for the response, guys.

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

A restaurant supply place might have some.

7. AxelH

AxelH New Member

It's Not The Size That Counts...

I'm talking about the size of funnel that can fit into the tiny glass hole of a container like Aqua Velva. I have the Ice Blue and their musk cologne/aftershave. I intend on using them for as long as they last (till someone breaks 'em). Regular funnels won't fit. I have three funnels in my kitchen. Trust me, I've no shortage of funnels.

:rolleyes:

8. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

What about a baby syringe from the pharmacy?

9. Most hobby stores sell hooked syringes used for applying glue or liquids to small places. I've used it to refill fountain pen cartridges, so I'm pretty sure it'll work fine for a Velva bottle. Might just take a while to refill a whole bottle.

10. newb

newb Resident Newb

I've used syringes with great success to fill old aftershave decanters. The cologne funnels take a long time to fill a large decanter. A large syringe is faster and easier , with minimal mess.

11. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I used a Flask funnel - worked like a charm!

12. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

I know we all love the original glass bottles produced for AS such as AV, OS, Mennen and more.
    But what is the point of transferring the product from plastic to glass if the formula's have been changed to exist in plastic?
    Do AV and OS still smell the same ?
    I know the Mennen Skin Bracer is different since put in plastic.

13. Wyatt, I guess for some it's the feel of the glass. Aqua Velva seems to not have been reformulated though. It's a preference for glass over plastic.

Some of my favorite aftershave splashes like the Barbasol line come only in plastic so I suppose once your used to it, even the feel isn't that bad.