Spreading the word...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by StephenDE, Aug 23, 2010.

1. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

So, I'm always trying to tell people about traditional wet shaving. I work with a bunch of cart users, mostly college age guys who are always complaining about how expensive the new carts are be they Gillette or Schick.

Today we were talking and I was the only one to say:

"I like to shave."

We were talking about a "no shave" month...its usually November. I work in food service and we were debating the sanitary aspects of not shaving for a month.

I couldn't imagine! I was glad to be the one to say "I like to shave, and my shaves cost about $0.20 a shave!" Maybe I can turn one of them into a convert:think002

Anyway, thanks for the part y'all have played in making my shaves more enjoyable!

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Some of them sound ripe for conversion.

However, as college kids wetshaving is something thats probably completely unknown . I am middle age and I can remember my fathers DE on the bathroom sink, so when I decided to go to a DE razor it was based on the familiarity that such razors existed . These kids don't have that, so maybe if you show them wetshaving stuff , the actual razors , blades etc. that might clarify what you are speaking to them about.

3. +1 on what Hanzo said.
    The first time I ever saw a DE razor was in The Wall, where he pulls out a Super speed or Slim and I had no idea what it was.
    Being in college myself I love the cost advantage of a cheap shaving getup =D

4. Angelous

Angelous New Member

convert my friend, convert!

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Sounds like you are a budding shave cult leader over yonder....

6. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

Shave cult leader....

Well, I am religiously educated! Besides, if I become a shave cult leader I'll blame it in large part on you guys! :D