Making badger hair stiffer?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by geogaga, Sep 9, 2010.

1. geogaga

geogaga Member

Mine is Pure Black Badger. Just sheds a lot )

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

nope, not gonna say it, nope, not gonna do it.....:rolleyes::D

3. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

My 22mm BB knot that I got from TGN hasn't shed any more then normal.

4. geogaga

geogaga Member

Guys, here is what I have achieved so far. O-ring didn't work. When I finished testing it, I dried it on a towel, then pulled the bristles with no force and I got about 5 hairs in my fingers. It's a dead man. By the way, I found that there is something firm inside the knot, like a piece of rod rising above the handle. I thought that epoxy base must be somewhere inside the handle. Anyway, it's going to be "disassembled" :)

5. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Well, after reading this entire thread, I now am questioning whether I should bother in buying a Badger brush. I have 2 boar brushes and they have performed fine. No flopping, drooping and very minimal shedding. Thinking I'll just remain badger free, now.

6. geogaga

geogaga Member

Well, owning a good badger brush is a pleasure. I own several boars too and they perform well. Badger is on the luxurious side though.

7. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

A dead brush is always an excuse to buy another one right?!?

8. geogaga

geogaga Member

I don't need an excuse :) I just either buy or not depending on my current mood, state of wallet and other stuff :)

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Haha good point :D

10. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Glad someone picked up on that.. I hate it when I tee on up and no one takes a swing..

:happy102 That's silly.. Like saying I am not going to eat 'cause I have a watch. Makes no sense. I have all badger brushes and all are a joy. The one flopper I have isn't a problem because it's a Badger brush, it's because I didn't know what I was buying. In fact, I would bet my seven year old that this brush, though off the mark for me, is dead on for a hold bunch of folks here. YMMV

That's sweet... I remember those days..:mad:

11. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Based on a single post? My Rooney 2/1 silvertip does not exhibit any such problems. Don't assume that all badger brushes are the same. It's just like it is with boars. There are good ones out there and there are poor ones as well.

12. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Rather than hold the brush by the handle, hold the brush at the base of the bristles.

St. Croix

13. geogaga

geogaga Member

I tried it. No matter how you hold it.