Mama Bear -- A Huge Surprise!!!!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jgkeegan, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I have never had much luck with the glycerin based soaps. They generally shave just "ok" for me. MB is an exception. She must add something xtra to jazz it up. They lather full and rich and shave quite nicely. And you can add menthol to her soaps as well. Just order the iced version. I have Lime and Mandarrin Orange. Both smell great. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, and tying into another thread....her shipping charges are very reasonable.

2. wolfmanxiii

wolfmanxiii Member

Same here. I had put off trying Mama Bears (as tempting as it was with all those great scents) because it is a "glycerin" soap. Once I tried it though there was no turning back. I will most definitely be a repeat customer of hers...that is once I manage to put a dent into the mountain of soaps and creams I have :D

3. OldAF

OldAF New Member

Well yeah, they lather great and offer great protection. Plus, she has BACON soap... and what manly man wouldn't want bacon soap? :D

4. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

Bacon is my favorite vegetable, except salt, of course.

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

After getting a tub of Masculine Musk, I'm hooked. As long as Mama Bear's is in business I'll have at least one of their soaps in my cabinet. I've been drooling over their website lately, especially at the seasonal and holiday soaps. Can't wait for Christmas so I can order the Christmas Forest. I'm sure that will be something that gets brought out only for the holidays, which means it'll probably last me ten years. I'd love it if they sold it in very small pucks so I could try all the seasonals without having 85 different soaps stored away for ever and ever, because I sure would like to have a little of them all.

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I read a thread that said that Mama Bear's house tragically burned down last week, and that she lost two pets. I just wanted to let you know, and ask you to pass prayers on to her in this difficult time.

7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Oh my gosh that's terrible. I certainly will pray ...

8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Sue's condition

Sue (Mama Bear) did have a house fire which has caused a lot of damage but here is her description of the situation.

"I left the house with the two dogs.. and went out the back door. The cat never made it out of the house and went I made it to the front of the house i only had one dog. I called for hours for her and assumed she ran back into the house. The firemen did say they saw her in the house but couldn't get her. But the next day she was wandering around and I went and got her back. So, I only lost Harley the cat."

She is doing about the best she can given the situation. Her neighbors and friends are helping her out.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Man, that sucks. Hope all is well as soon as humanly possible.

10. skvinson

skvinson New Member

Noticed this thread. Thought I'd add, if you've ever spent time in an old barber shop, you have to try Ye Old Barber Shoppe. Everytime I smell it I'm taken back to when I was a kid and would go 'downtown' in the small town where my grandparents lived to get a haircut. I want to find out what I can do to make my shave den smell like that all the time!

11. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

+1

12. skvinson

skvinson New Member

I just got my samples from JoAnna today. Can't wait to try them!

13. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

My bro PIF'd me MB's Welcome Home. He couldn't get it to lather...I used it up in no time. I tell ya that was amazing! Nothing like walking out of the bathroom with a face that smells like honey!

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have an Old American Barber Shop stick, but it is not from Mama Bear. It is from Tryphon.

15. skvinson

skvinson New Member

What are your thoughts on the Tryphon? How does it smell, lather, etc?

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It is a long gone brand.

17. skvinson

skvinson New Member

I did a search and found it here:

http://www.razorandbrush.com/barberiasoap.html

Just wondering what it is like. I want to find the best 'Barber Shop' soap. I know of one other. One of them is definitely going to be a permanent part of my rotation.

18. Queen of Blades

19. skvinson

skvinson New Member

Thanks for the info. ... Any plans on doing a "Barber Shop" type scent??

20. Queen of Blades

I did one for the SOTQ.