Mojito

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Rocket Scientist, Oct 22, 2010.

1. My lady and I were out and about last weekend and I decided to splurge a little bit and have myself a drink while we were eating. I've always wanted to try a mojito because they sounded good and let me tell you, that is one fine drink on a hot Mississippi day. Cool, limey, minty and absolutely refreshing with just the right amount of rum (I don't like my drinks too heavy). Definitely going to have to learn to make them myself for next summer! :happy069

2. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

A little bacardi white rum, some hand crushed mint leaves and ice is my favourite version, you can buy premixed versions you just add ice for now but IMO you can't beat the hand crushed mint.

Also if you add a little sprite or 7up it tones it down a little as well, ginger ale is a very interesting addition.

3. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

I add simple syrup and a bit of lime juice, but the sprite/7up will do in a pinch.

4. geogaga

geogaga Member

Brown sugar is a proper additive to Mojito.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My wife loves a mojito. I'm a scotch guy! :happy102

6. You saying I'm a girlie drink guy?!?! I care not, it tastes good. :D
    And I've always wanted to try a good high quality scotch. Any suggestions for something not too terribly expensive?

7. saturnine

saturnine Member

Yes, Mojitos are divine. Next to Margaritas, they are the ultimate summer drink.