Anyone a waterfowler???

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Kyhunter, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Just wondering if anyone is a waterfowler?

2. puffulufogous

puffulufogous New Member

I do some. I grew up in northeast LA hunting flooded rice fields. After high school I pretty much stopped hunting altogether. Now that I am finishing college I have been doing some flooded hardwood hunts with a friend of mine. Don't think I will be getting a lease anytime soon, but it has reminded me how much fun duck hunting is. Hopefully I will be able to do it more often.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

In my younger days, I would go for goose each year. These days I prefer shooting skeet and sporting clays. I do go out for Dove each fall, but haven't done any water fowling in over a decade.

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I hunt when I can, but sadly don't know anyone who has access to land or will let me hunt their land...so it's really hit or miss as far as when I get to go. I don't really like hunting public land because I don't trust the other idiots out there...

Went pheasant hunting on opening day this year and got one. We totalled 5 for the day between 4 guys. Of course, we had a few runners, too. So that number could have jumped if we were able to nab them

5. Griz

Griz Member

I hunt every chance I get. A good friend of mine has several great duck ponds on his land and we always have a couple of shoots.

Doves, Quail and Pheasant when I can. And, without wings.... most anything that I can, but mostly deer and hogs.

6. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

I am an avid duck and goose guy.

Great South Bay of Long Island and the North Shore mostly.
    Tidal water is open for anyone to hunt. I always found it ironic that 15 minute's from NYC I can hunt anywhere I choose/can get to, while in some of the more well known water fowling areas of the country are almost 100% private land.

7. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Another Long Islander here.. I spend a lot of time this year shooting ducks.. but I use Nikon...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Thats some nice photography!

9. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member