Issy 100% OO(Olive Oil) Bar

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by TraderJoe, Feb 3, 2007.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    This is some great soap. I would recommend trying it. I'll never use commercial soap again.

2. qaswer

qaswer New Member

Very appraisal thread for ISSY and i guess that they will give some extra discount to Topic starter here . I have tried their site but it is not in English so please post it's English version here .

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy001 You're kidding right?

Never seen a non-english version of Mama Bear's Site:

http://www.bear-haven.com/ColdProcessBathSoaps.html

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Tried it today. My skin loved it.

5. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Another one to add to my wish list for my next Mama Bear order! :cool:

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Sue,

Do you have more issy soap on order?, there are a few that are sold out :(

Thanks!!

7. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Of Course I do... :p I sent two large boxes of fragrances to Issy a couple of weeks ago and he has been making soap like crazy.. We are both dying over the Bay Rum and Guiness Stout Beer soap... but he is making soaps for me that will match the shaving soap scents.

The problem with CP soap is that it needs a cure time before it can be sold.. and we are giving this next round 6 weeks... of course it has been 3 weeks now for some of the new ones, so expect a bunch of new soaps (and the old soap stock replentished) in the next few weeks..::

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Mama Sue!! :D

9. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

:D :D :D :D ::

Bear Hugs! :p

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sounds good to me! This is where scent themes with matching products come in.

Matching Scented:
    Issy Bar Soap or Mullers Lane Farm Bar Soap
    Mama Bear Shave Soap
    Get some decants of Mama Bear scent and add a few drops to your own custom After Shave Splash & After Shave Balm. Talk about ADholic bonanza! :D

Of course the scent would be so prevailing that your co workers might start avoiding you but you'll be in scent heaven!

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

So just imagine if you did the following: :D

Showered with Issy's Dragon's Blood Soap
    Shampooed with Mama Bear Dragon's Blood Shampoo
    Shaved with Mama Bear Dragon's Blood Shave Soap
    Use Mama Bear Dragon's Blood Body Cream to moisturize
    And finished off with Mama Bear Dragon's Blood Cologne

You can substitute any Mama Bear scent you want.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

I thought I had read it before somewhere, but how do you use the homemade soaps?

I can burn through a bar of store bought soap pretty quickly just lathering the bar on my body. I usually use Lever 2000, because I get it soo cheap at Costco ( 16 bars for $6.99 ) But I am thinking I really need to try the Issy's

Does the use of a washcloth extend the lifespan of the homemade soap bars? How long does a bar last? I've never used a homemade bathsoap before and $6.99 a bar could get costly the way I burn through soap.

Thanks, sorry for the hi-jack

13. Dustbow

Dustbow New Member

Yes, using a washcloth or spongey thing will increase the life of a soap bar.
    It's just like shaving cream/soap on a brush: and a some water and a little goes a long way in making lather.

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Dusty ;)

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Well,

I made a Issy and shave soap order last night from Mama Bear, I can't wait to try them.

The peppermint and Spellbounds woods sound great. I did order an olive oil bar too. :D

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Aged

If you are picking up a bar of 100% Olive Oil Soap (which I recommend ;)), I would also recommend you pick up a few of them. Use one right away, and save the rest for later. These 100% OO bars will age like a fine wine.

It stars out looking like this, and works very well....excellent actually:

[​IMG]

And here's a bar that I had sitting in the closet for about 8 months:

[​IMG]

You will see it has developed a brownish patina, and not only does it look great it works even better! (which I wouldn't have imagined possible). It was actually even darker when I first took it out, but that picture is after a few weeks of use.

::

17. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I have been strictly a MWF bath soap guy but man, all this love makes a guy wonder.. I guess I'll have to get a few Issy bath soaps now. It never ends..

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    MWF has nothing on Issy.

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

On Joe's recommendation, I put my bar of oo soap away to cure more. That's OK, I have about 20 bars on non-Issy soap I can use up first. Since I'm showering twice a day, that won't be long. :D

Tjebbe likes this.
  20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Actually, the MWF bath soap dried my skin to a pulp.