Sandalwood; Given the choice?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by dmyers, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

while not a cream.. Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood is very nice. Santa brought me the $22 AOS Sandalwood cream and I have used it almost everyday. I'm still working from the smear on the lid. I suspect it's going to last a long time.

2. poeraven1845

poeraven1845 New Member

Ones I have used

I started with the AOS Sandlewood. I liked it very much and it was what got me hooked. ($30 a tub and should last 3-6 months). I have used Trumpers, Taylors and one off brand one. Never used any of the soaps. I now use the new recipe of the T&H sandlewood. I love it. it makes my face feel so nice. makes a great lather. runs $32 a tub but the bub I have is maybe halfway used and I got it back in August.

3. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

TOBS Sandalwood was one of the first creams I got (gift)-I hated it and thought I just hated Sandalwood. One day I took a wiff of AOS Sandalwood Soap-much much better. It's now one of my favorite products. Just my 2 cents.

4. markb

markb New Member

I highly recommend TOBS and Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood creams.

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

TSD Sandalwood or Green Pond (D.R. Harris) Sandalwood.

AOS for the scent.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I enjoy Sandalwood. Salter is one of the better smelling, IMO.

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I've recently fallen in love with AOS Sandalwood. Though I will mention I also enjoy the C&E Sandalwood scent

8. mycarver

mycarver New Member

I haven't tried too many different Sandalwoods.But the AOS is a good size tub and has lasted quite a while with a great scent. As others have said, a little goes a long way. Might be a little pricey up front, but consider how long it lasts if you cost average it out it's pretty reasonable.

Of course I can find a way to try and justify ANY shaving purchase.

A hundred bucks for another razor,, well if I live another 30 yrs,, use it only once a week it'll be cheaper than buying those cartridge razors,, I'm a fool not to buy it. See how my mind works!

9. dmyers

dmyers Member

Wow, I'm liking the TOBS Sandalwood Cream. Shaved with it this morning and I can still smell it 5 hours after shaving...

10. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Does it smell like Edwin Jagger Sandalwood?

11. dmyers

dmyers Member

Don't know, never have tried Edwin Jagger Sandalwood. I have read that for some, the TOBS Sandlalwood scent is too heavy but I like it so ymmv...:D

12. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

T&H makes a sandalwood cream, I think its tough to beat. To answer a queston above, C&E does sell a sandalwood cream in a glass jar on their website.

13. rockrabbit

rockrabbit Member

C&E Sandalwood is the only Sandalwood out of all the Sandalwood's that I have tried that I :love029 !

I personally prefer the Soap over the Cream!

14. global_dev

global_dev Member

I have tried the C&E cream and Green Pond and for some reason I remember the Green Pond more.

I don't know what true sandalwood should be but try to get a sample of green pond if you can.

15. Grazer1

Grazer1 New Member

I've tried ToBS sandalwood a/s gel, liked the scent but not the film it left on my skin - almost like peeling off dry sunburned skin. Perhaps I was overzealous in it's application. Anway, I've been asked for ideas for gifts for an upcoming celebration and I'm considering suggesting AoS preshave oil, shaving cream, shaving soap, A/S balm and A/S cologne or edt.
    The entire range iirc.
    Any other suggestions regarding sandalwood ranges, it's one of my favourite scents ?
    I also like patchouli and have heard bay rum is popular though never smelled it.
    Opinions would be gratefully received as well as direction to sample packs if they are available.
    Thanks

16. Grazer1

Grazer1 New Member

I plumped for the GFT sandalwood gift set. Comprising cologne, shaving cream, body wash, roll on deodarant and also skin food. I'm happy with it and smells superb.

17. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I really like the smell of the AOS sandalwood...

though I have not used any of their product yet.

Macy's online has a 4 Elements of The Perfect Shave starter Kit that has 2 weeks worth of product. Not sure if you'd call it a sample, but it includes Pre-Shave Oil (.5 fl. oz), Shaving Cream (1 oz), After-Shave Balm (.5 fl. oz), and a Genuine Badger Shaving Brush. All for $25.

They say it is perfect for travel.

18. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

TOBS Sandalwood or Morris & Forndran's handmade sandalwood for $8. Cheaper than TOBS but smaller puck~Packs he same punch though.