New young buck from AZ!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by ravien99, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ravien99

ravien99 New Member

Hey all! First off I wanna say how grateful I am that I found this place, it's awesome! So today I finally got my Truefitt & Hill sample pack, couldn't stand the wait after reading what you all had to say about their products! So unfortunately I cannot shave today as I cant shave everyday yet (someday lol, fingers crossed!) But! I did bust open the Grafton sample just to test how it lathers, what a fine lather that produces I was impressed! Very nice scent as well, cant wait to try the 1805 after all you raving about it, have to save that for a day I can shave.. I also just bought a EJ 89L chrome, started with and old gillette safety razor I found in an antique shop here in town, it was in mint condition surprisingly. Also I started with VDH soap then CO Bigelow and now TFH. A decent brush is last on my list then i'll be set for a little while until I get the itch again, thanks to everyone here lol.. Oh and yes I am only 21, seems a bit young for someone to take interest in this kind of shaving..? Any comments, advice, suggestions, etc would be awesome. Thanks for reading my overexcited blurb and hope to hear from everyone!

Oh and I also just got a 5pk of feathers...

Carlos

2. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

3. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den, where are you from in AZ?

Oh and don't worry, once you start wet shaving, you will shave everyday regardless if you have hair on your face or not :happy102

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Welcome to TSD!

And age doesn't matter. More and more "younger people" are picking up the old school way. You're not alone.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome to the Den!

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Welcome to TSD Carlos! This is the best wet shave board on the planet!

8. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Welcome to the den it seems your are one the way with the equipment. BTW Your old minty gillette my become your favorite razor. I love my SS.

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

10. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Welcome to TSD!

11. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Welcome to the Den Carlos! Enjoy your stay here and Happy Shaving! :signs046

12. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Hello and welcome!

13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Welcome from Texas

Welcome to the cozy confines of The Shave Den.

Find a comfortable leather recliner and set a spell.

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den , a great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving , I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the January Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

15. ravien99

ravien99 New Member

Im in Flagstaff.. So you're in tempe.. Is there really "The Art Of Shaving" store in scottsdale? Can you make any good suggestions to buy shaving stuff in the general phx area? I'm always down there to visit my dad...

16. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Yes, there is an AoS store in Scottsdale I personally try to avoid that mall as much as possible....

Razor Emporium has a store in Phoenix, personally though I order everything online, it usually takes no more than 3 days ordering from WCS, Bullgoose or Best Grooming Tools (Peoria).

*edit* Well I guess you could always hit up Crabtree & Evelyn, I do like their soaps, you should be able to find them in the Scottsdale Mall, or Chandler Mall.

17. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Welcome to The Shave Den! And no, at 21 you're definitely not the youngest guy around here!

18. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Member

Welcome to TSD, Carlos!
    Zonies rock! :D