How did you find us?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by swarden43, Jan 21, 2011.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So there I was, perusing the equivalent of the Den's CHATTERBOX section in a fountainpen forum. This was a little over three years ago. I can't recall the exact reference, but someone eluded to wet shaving. I asked them to elaborate and they directed me to a shaving forum (not this one). I spent about a year - year and a half there. I don't remember (do you see a theme here :D - I hate getting old) if someone there mentioned TSD or if I had googled shaving forums, but I'm here now.

How'd you get to the Den?

2. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

googled shaving forums and found the den.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Did a google search looking for information on this whole crazy wet shaving thing I was considering trying. This was one of two forums I joined early on. I'm nearly exclusive here now.

4. aberneth

aberneth Member

I decided that the B&B was too uptight for my tastes, and I wasn't a fan of the politics that their payed membership system generated, so I looked for a friendlier place. 'Lo and behold, The Shave Den, which came prepackaged with a Dirty Joke section.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I went to the Googles and found all of the shave boards and joined most if not all of them. I quickly learned that most of the boards were not my scene.

Once I got to TSD, I stayed here. TSD is the only board that I have posted to more than 5 times. I cannot remember the last time that I signed in to the other boards and have zero intention of doing so.

TSD is the best wet shave board on the planet!

6. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I was invited by Micah1_8 to check out a post he made at B&B, an entry to a contest given by Saint Charles Shave (RIP, Sue).
    I joined B&B, posted a little bit, then a little more, then a lot.
    Stretched out to most, if not all, of the other most prominent shave sites, but didn't participate much, if any.
    Then an "event" happened at B&B that swayed most of my friends from there over to here, so I kinda say half and half for a long time, then started to sway more and more to TSD, to this point now where I don't visit B&B much, and when I do it's almost entirely in just 2 or 3 threads.
    I'm a "small town" kinda guy - I don't like big cities, big churches, big events, etc. Just feels impersonal to me, and along with my major discomfort being around large crowds of people, TSD feels more a fit for my personality.
    I still like and visit some of the others, mainly for the friends there, but The Shave Den is the best fit for me

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I was doing some Googling one day regarding some of the problems I was having while using a 5-blade demon and canned goo when I came across TSD. I immediately signed up and within a week had ordered all sorts of goodies including a Merkur38C, brush, blades, soaps/creams, etc etc

EDIT* Steve; Maybe add a poll to this thread?

8. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

I was looking for cheaper quattro cartridges, ran into mantic59, I think he mentioned forums on one of his videos and just googled something like "DE Shaving Forums. Here I am.

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Very similar to Jim's tale..

I got tired of an electric and I was sick of little sores on my neck every time I used a multiblade. My electric was getting to the point where it needed replaced so I did some research for better methods to shave. I found Mantic's videos (there were a lot fewer back then). In one of the videos he mentioned some forums. I went to them. I became a member at some and a lurker at others. Eventually, I spent most of my time on one site. However, there were conflicts and most of the group of friends I had made ended up over here. I followed, and here I have stayed.

10. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

A thread on B&B had a link to the Shave Den store. There was no direct link to the forums, but somehow I gathered that there were forums also. After a while, I joined.

Two years ago, I was just looking for an Internet source of Atra cartridges. I never would have foreseen my current interest in shaving, and I definitely would not have predicted that I'd hang around Internet forums discussing it.

11. Monty Smith

Monty Smith Member

I found an old razor of my father's (or, possibly, my grandfather's), and posted a question about it in a forum on the Art Of Manliness website. Someone there -- Wyatt -- mentioned this forum, and here I am.

12. voice940

voice940 Member

As mentioned in my evolution of shaving post, I read an AoM article on DE shaving, got interested in doing it myself, got my gear... followed by a relatively generic Ask dot com search, and here I am.

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I can't even remember...

14. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Like others, didn't care for the op's politics of a certain other board. Have found TSD to be a much superior and warmer atmosphere. After joining TSD, I don't revisit that other board, ever.

This is my wetshaving home and here I'll stay! :D

15. azshaver

azshaver Member

I googled Palmolive shaving cream when I ran out and couldn't find any locally. I also hated that M3 carts were up to $1.80 at costco.
    I found this, B&B and SMF.

16. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

found this forum when searching for ways to clear up some razor burn. and the article had this site and a couple sites to buy from. and now im here getting a smooth face everyday or two.

17. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I had gotten a little dissapointed by the forum I was a part of and I believe it was Jimbo who recommended this new forum called The Shave Den. He thought I'd like it. He was right.

Now, go blame him for me being here :D

18. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I sent Jimbo a PM the other day asking if he got caught up in all of that nasty flooding and stuff. I have not heard back from him and he has not been on since the end of November. I sure hope is is okay...

19. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Searching for a cure for the razor bump issue on Google led me to all the forums. B+B too stuffy, SMF don't like the layout, there were a couple of others that never had any action but this place just right.

20. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I was banned from B&B for being honest, so I moved to SMF and later here.

alpla444 likes this.