Hi from me as well :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by dragosb, Feb 2, 2011.

1. dragosb

dragosb Member

Hello there from nowhere land!

First thing first: you guys are AWESOME! I sooo love this forum and the friendly people around. For the last 2 days it glued my eyes to the monitor and I keep reading and reading and...

You'll be seeing a lot of me around here, especially in the classifieds area as in my country (Romania) all I could find are the Wilkinson crappy classic and the Body Shop Maca Root Cream (which I currently use with a no-name boar brush). Still hunting my first DE :D

Again, thank you all!

Dragos

LE Glad to be "Vice President of the Lather Club" :happy102

crackstar likes this.
  2. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome to the Den.

The world wide reach we have never ceases to amaze me.

4. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Welcome to the Den Dragos! Enjoy your stay here and Happy Shaving! :signs046

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Welcome to TSD! This is the best wet shave board on the planet!

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

7. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Come often, stay long, and enjoy...:D

Let us know when you get your DE and start shaving. We would like to hear your experience.

8. dragosb

dragosb Member

I'm definitely going to post my first DE shave experience here

9. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Bine Ati Venit.
    Welcome to the shave den.
    Enjoy.

10. dragosb

dragosb Member

Now that's a nice surprise :D

11. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Welcome to the den.

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den Dragos, a great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay! :happy088

13. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

14. dragosb

dragosb Member

mrrrr... just received my blade sample pack and I can't do anything but look at them as my razor is still "in traffic"... At least I have some cream samples to try out until then :D

I've got Feather, Wilkinson, Astra Platinum, Supermax Super Stainless, Crystal Platinum Chrome, Derby Extra, Gillette 7 o'clock and I found in a local store Gillette Platinum. Except these what other blades are worth trying?

15. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Welcome to TSD!
    That's a great selection to start and includes my favorites, so no additional recommendations from me. I can recommend starting with the Supermax or Crystal, both good blades that aren't overly mild or aggressive. After getting a few good consistant shaves with your first blades, having fun exploring the rest.

16. swarden43

All of 'em. You never know what's going to work for you or not unless you try 'em.

17. dragosb

dragosb Member

Just tried some Connaught Peppermint... it's like shaving with chewing gum (regarding the smell) :happy102

18. dragosb

dragosb Member

2 things:

1. After reading (almost) all the good advices here I got to a point where I can say my cartridge shaves got pleasurable - it's all about technique :)

2. I couldn't stand the horror... waiting for my slim... so I got a cheapo plasitic wilky, loaded an Gillette Platinum (as the wilki blades that came with it were just tuging and ruining my face). That was interesting, a DFS. Indeed a v mild shaver compared to the BBS I'm used to get from my cartrigde. Now the wait is even more difficult. Oh... by the way, it took 3 passes (WTG, XTG & ATG) and a lot of touch-ups, but I guess it just my technique, my hair growth angle (v close to the skin) and the fact that the razor is v light.

19. swarden43

Don't think it's your technique when it takes you that many passes. Three passes plus touch up is what I do, as do many, many folks here. Some get away with two. DO NOT TRY TO TAKE IT ALL OFF WITH ONE PASS! Using a safety razor (DE or SE), or even a str8, for that matter, is all about reduction. Take a little off with each pass. Trying to get it all on the first go will only result in razor burn.

20. dragosb

dragosb Member

Reduction is my goal :) but I'm anxious to see what a more aggressive razor can achieve.

Anyway... it's so cool to feel the razor gliding along the face, like there is no blade in it, but still hear the whiskers being cut. I'm glad I used a blade that worked with my face from the first try, but when the slim adj arrives I'll start experimenting.