Shaving in Eastern Europe

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ElJuero, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ElJuero

ElJuero New Member

This may be a strange thread but I thought it might make for an interesting post.

I'm traveling to Prague and then Budapest. I'm curious if there's anything there that I may want to look for or that would be interesting to see in the world of shaving? I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that eastern Europe may have some throwbacks to early times in terms of razors etc..

Any must-get's?

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Bolzano Superinox DE Blades.

If you can get them cheap that would be a good score.

Look at bullgooseshaving.net to see about pricing over the net as a comparison.

3. ElJuero

ElJuero New Member

Good blades heh? I just use Sharp blades. Is there a real difference in your opinion?

I just checked them out at the website you're posting on - certainly more expensive than what I use now!!

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Budapest? I don't know about blades over there, but Barbon shaving cream is one of the best brands ever created. It's made in Hungary. The matching aftershave is also excellent.

Attached Files:

5. ElJuero

ElJuero New Member

Nice, thanks for the pics as well!! Is the shaving creme one that you use with the bowl, brush?
    I'm still using the gel-out-of-a-can method. I'm curious about mxing my own up but haven't tried it yet.

6. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

You should look for Barbon cream and AS in Budapest, like Jeff pointed out. Great products and inexpensive.
    Also look out for Nivea shaving cream and Palmolive shaving cream. These two should be easy to find.
    Also look for Gillette Platinum Blades. There are good blades. Grab a pack or two.

[​IMG]

I suppose there should be more good stuff. Happy shopping :D

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tibi, if he goes to Romania, the D'amaris creams are a delight also--he should get some of those too, yes?

8. ElJuero

ElJuero New Member

Thanks for the ideas guys! Lots to look for! :D

9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Those Gillette Platinum blades say Made in India on them... ??

10. dragosb

dragosb Member

Mine are made in Rusia, St. Petersburg.