handicraft from vietnam????

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by matthew_calise, Feb 15, 2011.

1. matthew_calise

matthew_calise New Member

Hey has anyone heard of/ own one of these brushes ? I stumbled across them looking for a real horn omega brush i saw somewhere and seemed kinda cool but would like some insight on actual bristle quality. If anyone knows anything please gimmie a shout thanks all :cool:

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have ordered from kimson in the past.

Try doing a search for "kimson" and you will have more search results then handicraft. I liked the brush handle and they did go above and beyond, but it took me close to 4 months to get a brush, not the one I ordered. Communication is also spotty at best. I belong to another forum for firearms, and kimson was producing pistol grips also. There is a thread on thehighroad.org that spans over 2 years with no outcome.

The knot was a nice soft silvertip, but the loft was a bit tall for me and the brush was all but unusable for me.

I know others have had better experiences with him, mine was not acceptable and I won't be ordering from him again. My suggestion would be to contact one of the custom brush makers and ask them to turn a handle out of horn for you.

3. sfbagger

sfbagger New Member

+1 on the problems recorded at the High Road gun forum. Pan Chango has it exactly right, I'm afraid.

Jeff

4. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I purchased my Kimson through a fella in the states who mass ordered (I got the last, I believe).

I can tell you the silvertip they use is a class of it's own. I personally LOVE it.

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Kimson was good for me as well. Shipping took next to forever, but I found it a well made brush.

6. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

United States Marine Corps 1970-1976. Can't envision myself buying anything from Vietnam. Don't wish to discuss it and I don't have any hard feelings for those of you who do purchase items from there. Here endeth the lesson.