It's official.. I don't need anything...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by MikekiM, Feb 15, 2011.

1. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I am actually wracking my brain trying to think of something I need that is shave related. I am coming up blank.

That is all....

2. Oblio13

Oblio13 New Member

I haven't needed anything for a long time. I'm not the sort to let that stop me, though.

3. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Need? Want?
    Need-absolutely nothing.
    Want-I don't want to crash TSD servers with my wish list.

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Ask not what shaving products are needed by you, ask what shaving products are in need of you

:D

5. dragosb

dragosb Member

And ask yourself what you haven't bought so far... maybe you're missing some great products just because you haven't tried them yet.

aaand, I think these were not the answers he was looking for :D

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Unless you have enough products to last the rest of your life, you still need something. You might not need it immediately, but you do need it. Nothing wrong with buying ahead of time either.

7. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Feel free to send me some of your supply, which will leave you room to buy :)

PM me for my address :happy102

8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Outstanding point, sir. Never thought of it this way. :eek:

9. MikekiM

Still trying to come up with something...

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It might be time to take up straight razors, then you have a whole plethora of things to try from a wedge to a full hollow and everywhere in between. You will also need a nice strop and maybe some hones....

11. MikekiM

I don't know Dale.. I put two gashes in my chin and cheek last time I tried a str8t.. not sure I am up to that again..

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Get a cape, take on the moniker of Super Shaver, hit the talk show circuit.

13. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

That means you get to enjoy the products you have without worrying about what you're missing. Have fun.

Don't worry, you'll think of something soon enough.

14. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Does that mean you're happy with your shaves, that you're out of money, or that you're growing a beard? :D

15. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I don't need anything either.

Up to now, I've been keeping a spreadsheet detailing all the razors I've bought, most of which I don't need.

Starting this year, I'm keeping a spreadsheet of all shaving related purchases, the intention being to keep this up from now on. Every time I buy another thing I didn't need, it goes on the list. In the unlikely event that I did need it, it will go on there too.

I actually am done buying soaps or creams for at least couple of years. Not a commitment, just an opinion. Vintage razors? We'll see what turns up.

16. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I think in terms of wetshaving experiences, things that others have done that I too think would be fun and that are sort of rites of passage in the hobby.

You already eliminated straights and of course you did a brush rebuild.

Maybe learn Method Shaving

Have a custom brush made .

Learn to use a Single Edges , Gems etc.

Collect something, vintage soaps, vintage/new aftershaves

Build wetshaving knowledge, read and research the hobby.

Of course purchases can be purely for fun, to try a new brush, new razor blade, new razor , not that you need it but its like dinner out , its just entertainment purpose/ expense. Or branch out into other areas wetshavers get into, cologne and soaps.

It is a challenge with any hobby to keep it interesting. I think we have to use a bit of imagination to do it.

17. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Non of us who have been an Eccentric Preferential Wet Shaving Enthusiasts for any length of time "NEEDS" anything. That's an irrelevant statement. We just "WANT" everything that we haven't tried, and we want more of what we like and enjoy. "Needs" is just a word that has very little meaning in our dialogue. One each Psych Eval is needed. I suggest a session with MERKER MAN. He'll set you straight. :happy102