Wedding Razor

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by basil, Feb 23, 2011.

1. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Howdy all,

So once i became a member on this thread i was obsessed with finding the perfect wedding razor.

I made a few posts about it and eventually i thought i had found that perfect razor when i got a le grelot in bone scales.

As time passed i fell more and more in love with this blade and ordered one in rams horn scales.

After this order i knew i was in love and sold all of my other straights and kept the 2 grelots. My mass sell off helped me fund my newest razor, which was what i wanted for my wedding razor all along..

Le Grelot full hollow 6/8 with ivory scales.:D:D

This is my special occasion razor for sure. I shaved with it on Christmas and my engagement party this weekend, next time ill use it will be my wedding a year from now in February 2012

Attached Files:

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Very Nice! Where have you been lately?

3. basil

basil Well-Known Member

lol i have been a busy boy with lots of planning for the engagement party that just passed.

but also i find that my ad's have passed so i dont come on as often to read about the newest coolest thing i need to buy lol

4. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Very nice razor. I wonder why it has a fishing bobber on it??

Now, how many do you need to order for your groomsmen :D

5. Chimensch

Chimensch Member

Very nice. Amazing how the ADs die when you find the right razor. Best wishes for your wedding.

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

wow that is an extremely clean looking razor. I really like it

7. mycarver

mycarver New Member

Congrats! And very nice razor.
    But wait, you mean to tell me that some day I might find the "perfect" razor and all my troubles will subside?

I thought that is on the same level as the search for the Holy Grail. Something you search for but never quite find. I hope I never find it because I love the search too much. Sort of a cross between Indiana Jones,, and the movie American Treasure. Except I don't think my ideal razor, brush, etc. exist. They are my Unicorns and Leprechauns... I'll keep looking.

8. basil

basil Well-Known Member

haha for some the best part of this hobby is the search of the perfect razor/brush or whatever!

And i agree plain and simple is the way i love it.

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Congrats on finding the perfect razor - many of us have tried to do so, most have failed and are still aqcuiring stuff :D