Say the Secret Word and Win $100

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by thomthom49, Mar 16, 2011.

1. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

A bit of literary license there I suppose. Actually I will PIF a tube/stick of Palmolive/Erasmic/Ingrams to the shaver that first gets the closest answer to my question. I say closest because I have my doubts as to anyone getting it entirely correct except for one person whom I won't name now. Here is the question. Look CLOSELY at the following images and identify my newest razor for me. Be careful, looks can be deceptive. Good luck to all of you and the winner will get a little piece of the "Pride of the British Super Market Shaving Section"

Thom Texas.jpg

IMG00111-20110316-2027.jpg

IMG00112-20110316-2028.jpg

IMG00113-20110316-2028.jpg

IMG00114-20110316-2028.jpg

2. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

Dude, you know it's written on the botton of the head, right? Was it a Gibbs before it was a Personna or the other way around (stupid French)?

3. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

Yeah, I know what's written on the bottom of the head and that's all I'll say. You'r supposed to figure the rest out. Come on now someone must want a tube or a stick of good old Limey shave cream/soap.
    tx.gif

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Personna Micrometric

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

In the pics, I see a Texas Personna with some English influence.

I'm going to call it thomthom49.

If it's not you, then it's that good looking texan, Farah Fawcett.

It looks like it has some platic material right below the head that many actresses seem to get.

Anyway, that's my guess.

6. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

close, but not entirely right. take a look at all the parts that are on this razor and compare them to the micrometric. You're on the right track.
    texascrazy.jpg

7. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

That's pretty good Pan, that might be what I start callin' it, since it aint what it seems from the pictures. I know it's a bit late, or early but I couldn't resist putting it in.
    texmas.jpg

8. personna precision adjustable

9. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

10. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Last guess from me: Black Bart, the Personna Micrometric.

11. brucered

brucered New Member

i'm going with "Gibbs/Personna Adjustable Safety Razor"

12. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

The Winner

I'm gonna let this run a day or so more before I choose a winner so that someone has a chance to hit it right on the nose.:D

13. Sydney Guy

Sydney Guy Member

It's a Frankenrazor! It looks like the cap and baseplate of a Personna Precision Adjustable razor married to the handle from a Gibbs Adjustable.

Cool looking razor. I understand these are 2-piece razors, not TTO. You'll have to post a description & photos of how it operates. How does it shave?

14. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

The Winner is Announced

Absolutely the best name I have had and that will be what I call it from now on. Very creative Guy from Sydney! Not only that but you nailed it in one go. You only missed one small detail. The adjustment ring is also from the Gibbs Adjustable. There is a reason for that which the following photos will show. There are two Gibbs parts that make up this marriage. The black plastic handle and the Adjusment Ring. The Personna parts are the Cap, Baseplate and bottom plated part of handle.

How does it shave? It is the finest shave I ever get from any of my razors. I never get burned, rarely get nicked except when i'm not paying attention to the moment. Perfectly balanced and just the right heft. It came to me with a broken plastic handle. Because it looked so much like the Gibbs I decided to take a chance on purchasing a Gibbs just for the handle. When I got it the fit was not quite right (photo) So I tried changing the adjustment ring as well and that made the fit perfect. Didn't change anything about the shave or adjustment and the Gibbs ring is larger and easier to grip as well. All in all a perfect marriage. But since I'm now gonna call it Frankenrazor I will have to watch out and make sure it does not turn on me!

View attachment 21004
    The Gibbs Reglable as it came to me. Can't shave with it because of the blade requirement.

IMG00116-20110317-0806.jpg
    The Personna Precision Micrometric. Shaves great! Looks Shite!

IMG00117-20110317-0807.jpg
    The Personna with a Gibbs plastic handle. See the gap between the adjustment ring and the handle. This won't work! Can't shave with something that looks like this!

IMG00118-20110317-0809.jpg

Ah... finally, success. The Gibbs adjustment ring installed above the Gibbs black plastic handle. Now this will work and will still shave great!

IMG00119-20110317-0815.jpg

Waiting for daddy to finish shaving so he'll take her for his bike ride her run

IMG00120-20110317-1143.jpg

Voila... the guts of the new one of a kind "FRANKENRAZOR"
    IMG00121-20110317-1341.jpg

The winner is Sidney Guy.

What is your pleasure sir. Palmolive, Ingrams, Erasmic, tube, stick? PM your address to me and the prize will be on its way.:D

15. brucered

brucered New Member

that's awesome. i was googling and reading and looking at pics to figure it out. Frankenrazor is perfect.