PIF Fishing *GONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Time for another PIF. :happy088

I want to see fishies. Your fishies. And stories are encouraged. Fish tales. :D

What's the prize? Bath soap and bath salt.
    (Fishies bathe 24 hours a day, but they turned down the soap and salt. :D)
    • A bar of thesoapguy's Lavender bath soap.
    Great smelling. The scent doesn't seem to be a pure Lavender. I think there is some rosemary in there. At least that is what comes to mind every time I use it. Really like it.​
    • The Queen's Reserve Lavender SubZero Bath Salt.
    Yeah, there's menthol in it. Even if you don't do baths, these can be used for a foot soak, or given to a lady friend.​

I haven't decided how many PIFs this will be, but I'm thinking 3 - 5 winners. Depends on the entries.

Some of my fish;
    Clown Loaches are actually funny, unlike Clown Fish.
    Among their funny behavior, Clown Loaches will sleep on their side.
    [​IMG]

Various other fish in the tank.
    [​IMG]

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Awesome PIF.

Lavender does not agree with me, so please do not enter me in your PIF.

I have a whole bunch of funny colored carp. They do have names and you can feed them koi cookies. If you have ever fed the stingrays, it is very similar.

[​IMG]

Here's a gallery of the pond I am building and some fishy pics.
    http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1419

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Is this contest limited to Fishie Fishie in the bowl, feed it til it dies and flush its soul, or does it include Fishie Fishie in the lake, it came along and my bait did take?

4. Queen of Blades

Great pics, too! Thanks, Dale!
    Pets, please.
    I just flushed a beautiful fishie ( a brichardie), too. :sad024
    Pic isn't of mine. Just a Google image. Mine was even prettier, and was named Brie.
    And Jenna would "play tag" with Brie before bed every night. And Brie would even come out of hiding to play.
    brie.jpg

5. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couple of my pets, the bass was caught on a small bluegill that I was reeling in, the bass wieghed in about 5 lbs(terrible pic) will post a better one. The bluegill and bass were released no worse for wear. The cat was released as well. I have a few small farm ponds at my disposal and love to catch and release. These two fish came out of the same small pond. I have three Gold fish in a 20 gallon aqaurium but im embarrassed to by the tank as its pretty slimy right now. Sorry queen i was in the process of posting while you posted pets only.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Great idea for a PIF Queen and supporting a very undermentioned pet too.

7. Queen of Blades

No worries. :)
    Nothing against fishing.

I love my fish. I can actually stare at them for long periods of time. They all have such interesting personalities.

I need to get a picture of Calvin (a Calvus). He has a theme song. :D

8. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

does It go da-dum...da-dum ....da-dum... dadum dum dadum dadumdadum

9. Queen of Blades

It does. :D

He is so laid back, and slowly moves around, it's like he is stalking the other fish or something.

10. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

How about a fish scented soap?:happy102

11. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:sick007

12. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

WOW, I figured it out!!! was trying to put a picture in here...lol. forgot to scroll down....duh! Anyway, this is a pic from sea world in San Diego when I was there in the summer of 2009. I know they're not fish, BUT they ARE in an aquarium AND equally fun to watch!!! Be thankful your fishies don't splash! LOL

Attached Files:

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011

14. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

oh, okay...so I won't post any pictures of the wonderful white perch we had Sunday afternoon :D

instead, I'll post this - like Jason said, it is in a tank, and it is kinda someone else's pet (though I wouldn't mind one or two :D)...and this one is a fish :cool:

[​IMG]

(from the Dallas World Aquarium)

15. alphage

alphage Member

A man went fishing with his daughter, and the following occurred.

My fishing stories:

It took me years to catch a fish that weighed as much as one pound. When I did hook a bigger fish, I got my feet wet going after it to retrieve it. It was a carp.

In my whole life I caught only on jumping thing. It was a gamefish, a smallmouth bass and eleven inches long.

Attached Files:

16. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Here are a few of my fish. The guppies I have raised from babies. I have a 2 gallon tank I use to raise babies in. Actually all my guppies are now ones I have raised, the Mother and Father have died recently. The one in the first picture is actually only about 5 months old, and the offspring of the one in the second picture.
    The cory cat in the 3rd picture is my favorite fish and the oldest in the tank. His name is Capt'n Jack. He only has one eye, it was a birth defect, there is no socket or anything on the other side. I was at the pet store one day looking at the fish and saw him. He was the tiniest little cat in a tank of about 20. When I told the girl there I wanted the one with one eye, she thought I was crazy. She didn't think it would last very long, but he is alive and well almost 2 years later.

Attached Files:

17. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Wow thats crazy...i wonder what kind of fish that is and how bad her bite was.

18. alphage

alphage Member

type of fish

Wow thats crazy...i wonder what kind of fish that is and how bad her bite was.

I would say that fish was a barracuda.

19. Queen of Blades

Any more fishies?

I'll leave this till midnight (my time; EST) tonight, and then pick the winners.

20. lgagnon

lgagnon Member

Am I too late?

Anyway here is the pic. I am in the middle with my son, daughter and mother.
    2 walleyes from Lac-St-Jean! They were delicious.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.