PIF: Palmolive brushless cream *GONE*

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by white_feather, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white_feather

white_feather Active Member

I have a tube of Palmolive brushless shaving cream 4.75 oz green and white tube. It's the last day of PIF March and I finally got something. What's the contest? Send me a picture of a lantern. Coleman, Dietz, Adlake. Whatever.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Thanks for playing!

3. true01

true01 Member

4. brucered

brucered New Member

i know it's done, but here's my lantern setup.

Fenix LD20
    Lantern attachment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. white_feather

Is that a 228? I love Fenix. I have a PD-30.

6. true01

true01 Member

Yep it's a 228f.....true01

7. alphage

alphage Member

lantern

Here's a kerosene lantern.

Attached Files:

8. brucered

brucered New Member

FENIX lights are great. use standard sized batteries for the most part (or at least the ones we buy) and throw light like crazy.

we have 4-5 going in our house right now.

9. white_feather

Looks like True01 i the winner although anyone with a lanterm is a winner to me. I have five Coleman lanterns and 11 Coleman stoves along with 9 Coleman coolers. I will assemble them all in one picture eventually and post them. PM your address and I'll get the cream out Monday or Tuesday.

10. alphage

alphage Member

Coleman

Looks like True01 i the winner although anyone with a lanterm is a winner to me. I have five Coleman lanterns and 11 Coleman stoves along with 9 Coleman coolers. I will assemble them all in one picture eventually and post them. PM your address and I'll get the cream out Monday or Tuesday.

***White Feather is crazy about Coleman gear!***

11. white_feather

12. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

White Feather,

Since you like Coleman products, I'll share a true story with you.

Short version: Several years ago, probably early to mid 70's, my Dad and a friend were fishing off the Albemarle Sound Bridge. The only way to actually fish off the bridge was if you knew the draw bridge operator, as there is only 2 parking spaces in the middle of the mile and a half long bridge.

Anyway, they had gone down on a catwalk under the bridge and used a piece of hay bailing twine to suspend a Coleman lantern over about 30' of water in order to attract bait fish while they jigged for Striped Bass. My Dad said he noticed the lantern slowly spinning but didn't think anything about it.

Well if you know what hemp bailing twine is like, they just twist it together when it's made....the lamp falls into the water, still burning and goes to Davy Jones locker!

After a while, with fishing being slow, Dad decides to take a jig and see if he could snag the lantern. Almost immediately he feels the jig hook something. He slowly cranks in the reel until the lantern is almost within reach....it FALLS AGAIN!

Knowing the chance of snagging it a second time was slim to none, he tries anyway. You guessed it, he snags it again! This time when he got it to the top of the water, one of them climbs down the side of the bridge and grabs it before it can go diving again.

We're still using that lantern today! New globe and mantles and it fired right up. It never got any water in it because it was under pressure the whole time.

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Congarts on the win true01! :happy088

Very nice PIF white_feather, and very nice collection! :happy096

Thanks Bobby for sharing that story, I think it's amazing that he managed to snag it twice! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.