Conceal Carry Firearms in Illinois!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by JoeMal, Apr 6, 2011.

1. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Please visit this link and vote YES to allow conceal carry of firearms in Illinois! I live here and am terribly upset that we do not have this privilege to carry. It is our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, yet Illinois is lacking in this area because of a little place called Chicago.

The crime is so bad there, they feel that allowing conceal carry will only increase crime. But yet, their recent handgun ban didn't do anything beneficial for the crime rate.

Only law abiding citizens follow the laws; criminals don't care! So not allowing citizens to protect themselves only keeps them as victims and the criminals with the 'one up'. They carry guns because they don't care about the laws. I don't carry a gun because I'm a law-abiding citizen, but yet, that makes me vulnerable to attack and gives up my ability to protect myself if I needed it.

Please vote for this, even if you don't live in Illinois.

http://district23pankau.ilsenategop.net//mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100070638.44510.68&gen=1

I would prefer for this not to turn into a 'pro vs. anti' debate. I simply want to promote awareness and try to get this passed as it seems like we are finally making headway in the political areas.

If you are curious of the rest of the country, look at this picture. Allowing conceal carry/open carry does NOT promote crime! If all of these states allow it, why shouldn't Illinois?

[​IMG]

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

most law enforcement folks I know (of course, I'm in Texas - it's almost against the law to not have a gun :D) would MUCH rather have armed citizens.

They know it keeps crime down overall, even if just as a deterrent.

So much more I could/would comment about, but I'll hold my horses...for now.

Bottom line, I'm 100% for this for you

3. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

It's funny how that works, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your participation. Feel free to send to your friends and family, or post on other websites. There is a form you can fill out on that webpage to send directly to email addresses. Or simply copy/paste the poll link.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very well thought out thread, and as long as this
    doesn't happen, it can stay.

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Thanks! I was going to ask for permission first but I forgot as I started into my rant...:ashamed001

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

That is pretty interesting. In Canada the laws are very strict. The funny thing is for handguns (only collectors of course) can own them. And you also must belong to a gun range. It is interesting because probably 99% of the handgun owners in Canada have them for self defense. Always ways to get around it. Thanks for that tidbit.

There is a simular thing going on in Canada but with the Long Gun registry.

7. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

I've spoken to police officers here in RI and they have similar views.

I hope your efforts in Illinois are successful.

8. revtriplep

revtriplep Member

Concealed Carry

Hey my friend, was born and raised in Illinois until I moved to NC in 96. We can carry here and I do. Everytime my wife and I visit my family in Il. I have to lock up my gun when I cross the state line. Concealed carry I'm all for and I hope for your sake that it will eventually pass it but I have my doubts.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Good luck man. I hope things change for you.

IIRC - Illinois is shotgun only for hunting. Are they trying to change that prohibition or just the concealed carry legislation?

10. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Don't want to rain on the parade but as long as Illinois politics are controlled by Chicago it ain't gonna happen. Personally I think if your American and still have your rights intact then you shouldn't need a permit, Vermont and Alaska have the right idea. Forgot about Arizona!

11. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I'm not sure
    Don't forget about Wyoming either. They just passed 'constitutional carry' about a month ago

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No need to ask permission. Kinda hard to give permission without seeing the full post anyways.

I'm going to add that anyone who takes this thread to a political point will receive an infraction. If you can't figure out how to keep away from politics in this thread, don't post.

13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I've been out to AZ from Florida and I tell you, it is really weird when you go to a gun toting state from one that is governed by permitting. I felt weird when I was in a 7-11 when a guy walked in with a Crockett from Miami Vice chest strap holster. It just seemed out of place when you aren't used to it.

Other than the awkward period of adjustment, I have no problem with it.

Guns don't kill people, choking on poorly chewed food does. :happy102

14. Williams Warrior

Not a big fan of open carry, it just seems like your asking or looking for trouble. If I was in Alaska that would be different bears and all.

15. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

This is for conceal carry... 2 different things

16. Williams Warrior

I was refering to battlemunky's post above mine. Man walking in with shoulder holster exposed. Been concealing over 10 years. I should have quoted his post.

17. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Oh :ashamed001 Yeah, OC is a little...well, open, for the lack of a better term. The idea of concealed is much more appealing and the public doesn't have to get all wound up at the sight of a pistol.

18. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Ive had My CCW in Ky since I was 21. I whole heartedly agree with you on this issue. Did the best I could and voted Yes. BTW it looks like the yes's are winning.

19. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

Mmmmm, guns. Me likey. That is my professional opinion. :D Actually, I prefer to defend my home with medieval siege weapons. If you don't believe me, just ask Micah. ;)

20. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I still want to know where you found that ADT branded trebuchet :D